cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested loop In Adobe PDF Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to display two tables on a PDF Form. Second table needs to be displayed based on first. I have keyfields but where should I mention the Join. Is it in layout Editor or Context. I am using SFP transaction to develop the PDF form.

Points assured even for a hint.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

There are many way to do the nested loop solution, One way is to create new custom context nodes for two tables and fill them at runtime by using keyfields and join where the form first get initialized.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malik,

Thanks for the reply !!.

Tables are already populated. Here is the situation :

I declared First table & second table in a Subform. Second table needs to appear only if an entry is present for that iteration of First table.

Lets take simple ABAP Code

Loop at tab1.

write tab1.

Loop at tab2 where <b>f1 = tab1-f1</b>.

write tab2.

endloop.

endloop.

My question is where should I mention the <b>WHERE Clause</b>??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i remem ber right, assuming you are using adobe development through interface ->context-> layout creation in SFP transaction. You can specify the where condiytion in the node elements at the context level.

Also use relative bindings by wraping the nested fields/ rows in the subforms. With proper context creation and similar hierarchy (node with in a node), you can define the nested tables. I believe, you can relate the context hierarchy with the smart form devlopment (if you are familiar with it. -> both has got some similarity).

You may also refer the adobe designer help and also the adobe development center, where you can find samples of how to have nested tables.

Hope these helps.

Do update on your developments.

Thanks and regards,

Anto.