cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ccBPM - questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

regarding my preparation of the XI developer certification exam, i have some unsolved issues.

1. can someone explain me how to use / and why use ... the correlation inside ccBPM ?

2. is it true that the receiver step should be the first step in "loop", "block" and "fork" ?

3. Container: What is the significance of the Categorytpye "Receiver" ? I allways use AbstraktInterface

Thank You very much,

Gordon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

>> 1. can someone explain me how to use / and why use ... the correlation inside ccBPM ?

Check this blog of Sravya on it:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/24/do-you-like-to-understand-147correlation148-in-xi

Check this for more:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/3c/831620a4f1044dba38b370f77835cc/frameset.htm

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>1. can someone explain me how to use / and why use ... the correlation inside ccBPM ?</i>

You use a correlation to assign messages that belong together to the same process instance. A correlation joins messages that have the same value for one or more XML elements. A correlation is therefore a loose coupling of messages: at design time, it enables you to define which message a receive step must wait for, without knowing the message ID.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a5/64373f7853494fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5059f110-0d01-0010-7c8b-fdc983be...

<i>2. is it true that the receiver step should be the first step in "loop", "block" and "fork" ?</i>

Receiver step should be the first step of Integration Process. It is possible to use "loop", "block" and "fork" as first step but in that case again "receive" step should be the first step inside them.

<i>3. Container: What is the significance of the Categorytpye "Receiver" ? I allways use AbstraktInterface</i>

Receiver : For a receiver list that is determined from a receiver determination step, and which can be used in a send step.

<i>[Reward if helpful]</i>

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Corelation: We use correlation when we want the response back after sending a msg. for eg if u r sending purchase order and u wan acknowledgement back then we use corelation. because if u r sending hundreds of purchse order and u want the acknowledgemant back then u have to know which acknowledgement is for which Purchase order. For that we use to corelate them by using some id etc using corelation.

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/01/11/demonstrating-use-of-synchronous-asynchronous-bridge-to-integrate-synchronous-and-asynchronous-systems-using-ccbpm-in-sap-xi

Regards

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon,

1. You use correlations to collect multiple documents in one process instance. The correlation defines which documents will be collected. For instance, you want to collect invoices for a certain invoice recipient and send them once a day. Your correlation will identify the invoice recipient, so that a new process instance is started per recipient.

You can also collect different types of documents in a process using a correlation.

2. Not necessarily. In general, on receive step should exist that can start the integration process. This can indeed be in a loop, block, fork, or in the main process. However, not every loop, block, or fork has to start with a receive step

3. In your process, you can execute a receiver determination and store the results in the 'Receiver' container element.

Kind regards,

Koen