Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS + BPM scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

i am doin a BPM scenario,my case is

i am getting jms request for holiday search (we get like Start date and End date) from the company database. It needs to give the response back to the jms queue.i also need to design error process if the search criteria done by the employer does not exist.

your help would be much appreciated.

thanks n regards

kish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kish

same kind of problem is discussed here...

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=2998820&messageID=3388178

Check this...

Cheers..

Vasu

<i>** Reward Points if found useful **</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all,

but i want to know how do we design error process in workflow?can anyabody help me out with step by step procedure.

regards

kish

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kish

All workflow faqs are discussed in the following wiki.. please go thru the wiki ...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/sapBusinessWorkflow+FAQ&

hope it will solve your problem..

Cheers..

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

this is not wht i want,can anybody help me the BPM steps or flow?wht are the message steps and flow steps we use for the above scenario.

thanks n regards

kish

<i>points guaranteed</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

this is not wht i want,can anybody help me the BPM steps or flow?wht are the message steps and flow steps we use for the above scenario.

thanks n regards

kish

points guaranteed

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Kish

These are some of the BPM Steps. Hope it will helps you..

<u><b>Send step:</b></u>

To send a message asynchronously from within an integration process, you use a send step in Asynchronous mode.

When a message is sent asynchronously, the send step does not wait for a reply message from the receiver after the message is sent. However, you can specify that the send step must wait for a confirmation of receipt from the receiver, in the form of an acknowledgment.

<u><b>Container:</b></u>

You use a container operation to set a value for a target container element at runtime The target container element and the assigned value must have the same data type. To specify the value, use the expression editor

<u><b>Receieve:</b></u>

An integration process is always started when a message is received. To receive the triggering message, use the receive step and set the Start Process indicator.

L<u><b>oop:</b></u>

You use a loop to repeat the execution of steps within the loop. The loop continues to run while the end condition returns true (while loop).

<u><b>Fork Step</b></u>

You use a fork when you want to continue a process in branches that are independent of each other, for example, to communicate with two systems that are independent of each other. The branches of the fork join in a union operator.

You can specify the required number of branches and then define whether the process must run through all branches, or just a particular number of branches. Furthermore, you can define an end condition for the fork

As soon as a branch reaches the union operator at runtime, the system checks the following conditions in the specified order:

• The process has run through the required number of branches

• The specified end condition has returned true

The step is complete as soon as one of the conditions returns true.

<u><b>Control Step:</b></u>

You use a control step to do the following:

Terminate the current process

Trigger an exception

Trigger an alert for Alert Management

<u><b>Wait Step:</b></u>

You use a wait step to incorporate a delay in a process. Usually, you use a delay to define when the next step in the process is to start. You can define a delay as either a point in time or a period of time.

At runtime, the step waits until the specified point in time is reached or the specified period of time has passed. The system then continues the process by proceeding with the next step.

Cheers..

Vasu

<b></b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI vasu,

do u have any idea on wht sort of steps we use for my scenario?wht is the flow in the bpm?does BPM allow sync communication?

regards

kish

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kish

Yes, BPM allows Sync Communication...

As per my knowledge you can use

receive step

fork step

and control step in your scenario.

Check with that steps..

Cheers..

Vasu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

you can configure a

jms-jdbc interface

with a sender adapter module to check the search criteria

Regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go thru following Weblogs:

1.Walkthrough with BPM:- /people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/06/09/walkthrough-with-bpm

2./people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/11/xi-how-to-retrieve-messageid-from-a-bpm

3./people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/17/bridging-the-sync-async-bridge-with-fork-xi

4.https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/weblogs.sdn?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

With Regards

Pradeep