cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Controler for Auto-ID with .NET

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to construct a device controller with visual studio to communicate with auto-id but I do not know how to start. I have some documentation, about auto-ID and how to communicate throw web services. The web services of the Auto-Id have to be constructed or there is a set of web services created to be consumed externally? can Auto-ID communicate with an standard web service created with Visual Studio.net?, where could I find more information about this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel!

Basically, the SAP Auto-ID Infrastructure (AII) V 2.1 uses the PML protocol to communicate with the device controller. PML is a XML structured format and is transferred using the HTTP protocol for communication. I don't know if this meets the definition of a "web service" at all. You will find the specification for the PML structure here:

www.epcglobalinc.org/standards_technology/Secure/v1.0/PML_Core_Specification_v1.0.pdf

SAP itself provides the "SAP AII Device Controller" specification. The spec. is mostly similar to the PML spec., but it helps, because SAP didn't implement all features of PML. The name of the file is SAP_AII-DC10_2004_12_14.doc - ask your SAP contact for this file or send me an email.

My hardware vendor for my RFID project uses .NET for his device controller development and he said, the above docs are enough to be able to develop the application in .NET.