Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from MI 2.5 to MI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am currently using MI 2.5 SP 13 and wish to migrate to MI 7.0

The middleware is ECC 5.0 with WAS 6.40.

I think that for MI 7.0 you need WAS 7.00

Can anyone tell me whether it is a necessity or not.

If it is can we upgrade our current WAS component to 7.00. without having to upgrade to ECC 6.0 . We wish to continue working on ECC 5.0

Also if anyone could tell me about the latest release of MI 7.0.

I have recently heard something about MI 7.1.

Thanks.

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does any one know about MI 7.1 ?? Does we require both AS ABAP+AS JAVA stacks??according to the documentation only AS ABAP with MI Type selected,and CE is also mention..where does CE plays a role,Generally CE comes java stack.

Please tell me the best landscape for MI 7.1 and advantages and disadvantages using abap and java stacks.

Thanks & Regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

For MI 7.0 you would definitely require WAS 7.0. I am not sure whether WAS 7.0 runs on ECC 5.0. The latest release on MI 7.0 is SPS 12.

MI 7.1 is the next version of SAP NetWeaver Mobile which is currently released only for ramp up. For details refer <a href="https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/nwmobile71">here</a>.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

So according to you MI 7.0 SP12 is the latest MI scenario available today that one can install.

Do you think there will be any other difficulty on migration from MI 2.5 to MI 7.0.

Thanks.

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

Yes SPS12 is the latest but SPS11, 10 etc are also available. But recommended is the latest SP. I dont see any problems in upgrading to MI 7.0. But just FYI, the following which describes the difference b/w 2.5 and 7.0 might be useful

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

<i>"Do you think there will be any other difficulty on migration from MI 2.5 to MI 7.0"</i>.

Perhaps have a look into the steps to do for Upgrade MI2.5 to 7.0

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/295d0183f5357ee10000000a11466f/content.htm

We are also planning the Upgrade to 7.0. Really not nice is,as far as i understand the guide, that you have to install the MI 7.0 Client manually on each device and can't update the clients via administrator,as you do it for example with MI2.5-Client Patches.

Regards

Frank