cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove WD Group UI Element Caption?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any way to remove the Caption row for the Group UI element? Or remove the minimize/maximize button?

What i want to achieve is a row with some background color (ex., dark blue) and place drop-down menu and place some buttons on it. Is there any other proper or workaround way to achieve this? Thanks.

Regards,

Vasu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can add a toolbar to your group element and add whatever buttons you wish to add.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Shweta and Nithya for replying to my message. The problem with Transparent Container is that i cannot insert Toolbar UI Element to it. And the problem with using Group is, it gives me the extra Caption line which i don't want. So, i was looking for some other way or workaround to hide or remove the Caption Element from Group UI Element. Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Vasu

UmaArjunan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

I am also facing the similary problem. How to remove UI element caption from my Transparent Container. When i right click caption i get only display UI element document. Please suggest if you found some solution.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

There is a new UI element, Panel introduced with EhP 2 which sounds like it would meet your requirement. If you're not yet on EhP 2, you may need to build something custom using TransparentContainer as others have suggested, or use Tray or Group and accept the Caption row for the time being. You can hide the Caption by setting its visible property to None or its enabled property to false, but the row itself remains unfortunately.

Cheers,

Amy

shwetars
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

You can create a transparent container instead place the other ui elements within it. Just set its background color from the layout properties.

Choose layout as Matrix Layout and under the layout properties you can find background property where you can set the color.

Regards,

Shweta