cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy : URGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL,

We have a SAP system on window/oracle platform. I want to copy the client from this SAP system to an another SAP system which is on AIX/oracle platform.

We had implemented IMC add on on the source system and then we had did come config.

I know client copy is platform independent and I want to know

1. CAN using client copy, I can copy customizing, master and transaction data? Is there any restriction.

2 . Do I need to implement IMC add on on the target sytem also to make the client copy effective.

3. Do I need to copy table (manually) definitions from one system into second system or client copy will take care of this ?

Looking forward for a quick response. Let me know in case you need more information.

Thanks in Advance .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL,

Thanks for all the replies.

But I think I have asked something else. Let me clarify my question.

I need to copy client between 2 system which are not even on the same network. I know I can do the SCC8 to create Client Export. That I can move physically on a disk to second server (at 2000 miles away) and can import the client.

But my question is :

Will I get the config. master data and transaction data? I have used SAP_ALL for export.

We have IMC add on installed and activated on source system. As you have said patch level of both the systems should be same. Will it mean I need to put IMC add-on on the target system also before I can copy the client?

Please let me know if you need any further clarification so that you can answer to my question.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

Please check the note 557132 before you plan to do the remote client copy.

There is a prerequisite that the release of software components and sp level should be the same between the source and target system. Especially the SAP_BASIS component.

The original words in note:

In fact, a prerequisite for this is that the systems have the same development status. This means that all software components must have the same release and the same Support Package version in both the source and target system. This particularly applies to the SAP_BASIS component.

another thing you should pay attention is the repository objects. Those objects cannot be tranferred from source to destination during the remote client copy. If you need, you have to transport them manually.

The last thing, you should consider the cross-client customizing. It can be transported but need some special work. You can follow the instruction from note 445195.

Regards

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can do this via T Code SCC9.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/69/c24c684ba111d189750000e8322d00/content.htm">Remote Client Copy</a>

Rewards points if heplful

Thanks

Pankaj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can do it by Remote client copy method

regards

Umesh K