cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW 3.5 migration error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During BW/oracle heterogeneous migration from Solaris to Linux, the database import on target server fails. The SAPDFACT load is the one failing.

The first errors I got were during creation of ~P compund indexes. I followd note <b>885441</b> and changed the SAPDFACT.TSK file for the ~P entries to ign and it worked.

Now, I got the error for a primary index and the same note says to create the index

Did any of you guys had such problem and what did you do in thsi case?:

(DB) ERROR: DDL statement failed

(CREATE UNIQUE INDEX "/BIC/FZCBFIGL01~0" ON "/BIC/FZCBFIGL01" ( "KEY_ZCBFIGL01P", "KEY_ZCBFIGL01T", "KEY_ZCBF

IGL01U", "KEY_ZCBFIGL011", "KEY_ZCBFIGL012", "KEY_ZCBFIGL013" ) TABLESPACE PSAPWIA STORAGE (INITIAL 65536 NEXT

0000002560K MINEXTENTS 0000000001 MAXEXTENTS 2147483645 PCTINCREASE 0 ) NOLOGGING COMPUTE STATISTICS )

DbSlExecute: rc = 99

(SQL error 1452)

error message returned by DbSl:

<b>ORA-01452: cannot CREATE UNIQUE INDEX; duplicate keys</b> found

(DB) INFO: disconnected from DB

/sapmnt/WIA/exe/R3load: job finished with 1 error(s)

/sapmnt/WIA/exe/R3load: END OF LOG: 20070605234504

Message was edited by:

cyrus brocha

Message was edited by:

cyrus brocha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It worked. I just had to execute that report and all is well now.

Thanks Ralph.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

I will repeat the whole thing after copying the files generated by the SMIGR_CREATE_DDL report to the specified directory and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your help.

Cyrus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I will do that. This was the test migration before the real one.

But, I am not sure about the index problem as it may not be related to this.

It might come back again. Do I have to create this index which to start with is not there in the source system as well?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyrus,

No you don't have to create it. But it will be not created if the table is in the DFACT.SQL File created by the SMIGR_CREATE_DDL report. It will be in the TASK File but R3load will just set the line to ok instead of creating the index. If the index is not necessary in the source system, it is not necessary in the target.

Regards

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, i did not run this report before the export.

Can that cause these problems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyrus,

yes this will definitely lead to problem if you have BW content. The report will create SQL files which you should copy to the DB/ORA directory in your import environment. You'll find the procedure in the system copy guide.

Regards

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Regarding your first point, i can skip creating this index and create it later, but this index is not there in source system as well. There is no such index for a lot of F tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyrus,

you may be run into a similar problem we have in our migration. Could you check if the cube you having problems with is really active in the source? In our case we saw some inconsistencies on inactive tables, because they where not listed in the SQL files, created by the report SMIGR_CREATE_DDL.

Regards

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

The import failed in the same step while importing SAPDFACT before. It failed while trying to create a ~P compund index for a lot of E tables and according to the same SAP note, I edited the SAPDFACT.TSK file and changed the err to ign for each failure.

The import started fine after that, but now this problem.

I noticed in the source system, that there is an index missing on the database and that index in the first ~P index during whose creation the R3load import failed the first time. Would it have been different had that index would have already been created on the database before the export from source system?

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that's bad....you could either omit creation at this point (and create the index later on) or search for the cause of this error message...did the import fail before? if yes, how did you restart the installation?

GreetZ, AH