cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to reuse views between components of the same project ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Does anyone knows if its possible to re-use views/viewsets which maybe common between components within the same project ? I am trying to use back common views where possible so that it will be easier to maintain the application should there be changes in the future. Having identical views across the components will mean that there is a need to maintain muliples views when updating/amending. Any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

from

Kwok Wei

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the functionality is common we can make them as a development component,expose them in public parts and reuse them. If u r not interested in using JDI ,then i fear the answer might be know.

Stick on to the forum for some more time .A SAP expert can provide u a better solution .

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Bharathwaj. I am not very keen in using JDI (lack of usage knowledge + current project to small to use JDI + insufficient time) and hence I guess I will need to continue to look around for another solution.

Any experts who may have more suggestions kindly put then up here please. Thank you.

from

Kwok Wei

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes .You can do that.

Example : Consider you want to have heading and footer view as common views accross the application.

In this case you can place these views in maincomponent andyou can embed other components as child components.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can divide the project into different components with in the same project.

Expose the component Interfaces to other components so that you can reuse the components/views in different components.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anilkumar,

May I ask then if its possible to have declare a "Common" component and have all the common views stored in this component for reuse purpose ? Or do I need to have a component for each common view ? Thnak you.

from

Kwok Wei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Each component is a seperate whole entity in itself.

Any element used in it can be resued by making use of the component as a whole.

I think ur requirement of using views alone is not possible.

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bharathwaj !!

Nice to get such a quick response from you again This is what I feared. Do you have any suggestion or advise in terms of reusing views that are common across different components within the same project ?

from

Kwok Wei