cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'sap.com/tc~wd~dispwda' application is not starting up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We had a hardware problem on our server and needed to restore the server from a backup. The problem is that after the restore all the Web Dynpro applications (SAP ones such as new user admin) and ours does not work.

The error message I receive when trying to run them is:

com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.ExceptionInfo: Clusterwide exception: Failed to prepare application ''sap.com/tcwddispwda'' for startup. Reason=

[WD container ] Error - portalapp.xml file not found ! Expected entry PORTAL-INF/portalapp.xml in .par file.

Now, I really don't know a par file could be restored but not it's portalapp.xml inside but what I care about now is bringing it up again. Where can I find this complete application for redeployment to the server? Or in case anyone has other idea I will be happy to hear.

Roy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

Go to visual admin->deply->runtime->webdynpro & check whether ''sap.com/tcwddispwda is running or not.I think its in red status.Try to start that manually.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

of course it is stopped but starting the application won't be successful without the portalapp.xml. I think this archive is corrupted and needs to be redeployed, what I need to know is where can I take it from.

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Note 976913 solved the problem, Dynpro needed a synchronization of it's binaries.

Answers (0)