Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to Start Setup the NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am beginner to the NWDI

I want to configure the NWDI from the beginning. I have Netweaver 2004 server.

I want to confiture DTR,CBS,CMS and how to create tracks

Right now i just installed the my server only i did not configured any SLD.

My Aim is i wan to create Web Dynpro DCs and that should be stored in to DTR and build using CBS and transported using CMS.

So please let me know the how to achive this task.

Thanks

mmukesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Creation the track and and import it in you NWDS you just go through the doc. It will be cleared from this doc.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5f13806a-0b01-0010-cd95-e23...

For Installation you can go through this link bellow

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f37d7e6a-0b01-0010-6690-8f4...

Thanks

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh

Basically to install NWDI means you need to setup the WebAs Engine, which will install the DTR,CBS and CMS components.

1) If already there is a WebAs you need to uninstall and then re-install the same.

2) there are supportive documents, it is wizard like thing which automatically takes you though a series of steps

3) the documents can be found in perforce, if you have access or else I will help you

4)When you are installing you can choose the DB. The default Database in MaxDB .If you require , you can install Oracle/SQL server

5) This will complete the setup process and SAP MMC will be available in the system

6) log in to SAPMMC and confirm if J2EE Engine is running

7) Start the Visual Admin tool by selecting the RemoteGui.bat file available in your

/<Installation Drive C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program. Here J2E\JC00 are instance specific

😎 It will ask you for the Java Administrator password given by you during the WebAS installation

Username: Administrator

Password- The master password given by you

9) You have to enter the p4 port value. This can be determined by

http:<hostname>:port/sap/monitoring/SystemInfo

10) Then this will take you through a series of steps like a wizard wherein you have to select the location from where to deploy the components

The following components are to be deployed

SAPDEVINFF21_0.SCA

SAPBUILDT21_0.SCA

SAPDEVINF21_0.SCA

There will be two folders namely- OFFLINE and ONLINE, where these coponents would be available. These need to be deployed. these will be available in your production system(the system which contains the SAP components) in that a folder called j2eecd\jdi\Online or OFFline

11) there are ceratin oteher SCAs which has to be copied

These SCA’s mentioned below are to be copied from the location

C:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\global\CMS_CBS\plugins

to a folder called C:/usr/sap/JTrans/CMS/Inbox

SAPBUILDT.SCA; SAP-JEE.SCA, SAPJTECHS13_0.SCA,

12) Now DTr,CBS.CMS is reday to use. This cab be tested by typing http://<host>:port/devinf and supply the master user-Administrator and the Java master password

13) The next thing is to configure the SLD. This would take some time

14) Finally create users and assign them, the suitable gropus and roles through the UME page of the server

15) In case you need to provide security priviliges, we need to use Visual Admin toll to provide the security priviliges This is available in C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\admin\go.bat

16) now your NWDi is reday to use

4)The next step is to Deploy NWDI Components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh

If U have any further queries, get back to me

regards

Prema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You would be able to find the the files in service market place...

You should deploy those in SDM...Check out the last 2 link I send it deals with the step by step installation and configuration of NWDI..

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

you should be able to find these files in service.sap.com in the download--support pack section

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

looks like you are using 2004 so you have to deploy 4 SCA files on AS Java system using SDM below are the files

SAPBUILDT

DTR

CMS

CBS

You can have a local sld or a central SLD .if u are using central sld make sure the user NWDI_CMSADM exits in that SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva Ram

Thanks for your reply

if possible please let me know the step by step process to deploy the all these 4 SCA file on AS Java System.

where to search for all these file and one more thing i am implementing system in my home not in the compnay.

So please let me know forther steps to achive thsi.

Thanks

mmukesh