cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Line Character problem in mail attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

my xi-box is in patch level 16. i need to send the mapped xml as a pipe delimited file(a lineitem per line) attachment to a mail id. so i use MTB to content convert the payload and attach the content as an attachment using a custom module and send the mail. Since the naming convention of the attachment (as per my requirement) says the file should be a .txt file, i 've used text/plain as the content-type.

if i open the attachment in textpad or wordpad i can see one lineitem per line; but if i open it with notepad its not the case.lineitems do not appear in separate lines but appear continuously. i 'm seeing a box character as a separator between the lineitems. i'm not able to figure it out why.

i used MTB in file adapter and content converted the payload and opened the file in notepad;it was fine.

But i'm not able to figure out why its happening with the mail attachment. If you have come across such a problem please suggest me to solve this.

Regards,

Sundararamaprasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

usually for special characters we need to change the encoding to ISO-8859-1 and the File type to binary.i guess binary should be able to handle ur file

see if that works for you

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried that option, but no change in the problem

Thanks and regards,

Sundararamaprasad

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check note 935835.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks a lot for the solution. I'll apply the patch and let know the status.

regards,

Sundararamaprasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i applied that note. But still th eproblem is not solved. i'm getting the box character again.

regards,

Sundararamaprasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way you can send the file in an ASCII format instead of BINARY format. In many of my resolved cases I just change from binary to ascii and it works for eg., while doing FTP.

thansk,

rakesh

Answers (0)