Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict STMS authorization from DEV to QA system only, no production

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning to give IS users perform their own transport from DEV to QA, not QA to PRD. How can I restrict the authorization? When I add STMS tran-code to the job role, it allows them to do transport for all systems.

Thanks for the information!

Janice.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi janice Kuo,

Use the S_TRANSPRT object and give the authorization only in DEV & QA. Make it readonly (03) in PRD.

The following authorization object was checked:

Object        S_TRANSPRT Transport Organizer
Object class  BC_C       Basis - Development Environment

Field     Value

Activity
         Request type (Change & Transport System)
                   <Dummy>

reward if useful

0 Kudos

The only available request types to choose in S_TRANSPRT are:

CLCP Client Transports

CUST Customizing Requests

DTRA Workbench Requests

MOVE Relocation Transports

PATC Preliminary Corrections and Deliveries

PIEC Piece Lists

TASK Tasks

TRAN Transport of Copies

In my job role, I have 03 for activity, TRAN for request type. I can't choose DEV, QA or PRD under request type.

Regards,

Janice.

0 Kudos

You have to maintian the autorization in target system. for example you want to restrict the user 'A' in production system, maintain his authorization object with display only in prodcution system. Since the user has to execute the import command in the target system, it would prevent them from running the command.

reward if helpful.

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Janice,

The control is placed on whether the person should be able to transport or not but not based on which system he can move the transport too.

Because that is based on the Transport Route which has been designed and the approval process for it. As every change which has been approved need to reach ur PRD box.

Perhaps you might want to control the level of access (create, release, display) to the transport request and type of transport one can create(like workbench, customizing etc)

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Set S_TRANSPRT to 03 and S_CTS_ADMI to TABL in target system solved the problem.

Janice.

0 Kudos

Set all following object must be restrict in target system as these ;

S_TRANSPRT actv 03

S_CTS_SADM CTS_ADMFCT EPS1, EPS2

S_CTS_ADMI CTS_ADMFCT EPS1, EPS2 DESTSYS * DOMAIN *

Hope this helps... Regards, Hacer