cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant configuration status, valuation deleted in sales document/ECC6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

Perhaps this should be posted under the PLM forum as it relates to variant configuration but the problem is showing in sales documents...

We are in the process of upgrading from 4.6C to ECC6 (IS Mills is used). All went well in our development client however we found the following issue in our quality client:

If the variant configuration for a material in a sales document is inconsistent - the valuation is being lost, no cuobj segment is created for the sales document. Hence when the end users lock the variant configuration to 'park' the sales document - the valuation is lost and read instead from the material master. So they loose the characterstic values entered.

Additionally the problem does not occur in our development client which was also upgraded to ECC6. I have checked the classes, characteristics, dependencies, material masters, etc...but cannot find any differences between the two systems. Additionally I checked the customising around the copy control of SD documents and again no difference between the clients.

Several notes address this issue but none seem applicable in our case. In fact they seem to suggest that the undesirable behaviour found in our quality system is 'normal'.

sapnote 832887

sapnote 900864

sapnote 921272

Additionally (but maybe unrelated) in our development system where all is good - we have an entry in VBAP-STMAN of value '1' for the test sales documents. However, when I 'F4' the field - I find that only values ' ' and 'X' are suggested by the system.

Perpexing.

Any help would be welcomed with open arms.

Thanks and regards

Niall

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos