cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Time taken Overview issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

in the time Taken Overview page in ESS (sap~lea dc), can we somehow make the "show Overview of Leave" by default open? i.e, I want to hide the "Show calendar" and make the third link to be opened by default.

I tried to do this using floor plan manager in portal but could not accomplish it. I can hide the calendar link but cannot make the Show Overview of Leave to open by default.

Anybody know how to do this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharadwaj,

I tried changing the 2 application properties, but when I ran it, it threw the following error:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.deployment.api.WDDeploymentException: Failed to load deployable object part 'com.sap.xss.hr.lea.app.CcAppl', type 'Component' of deployable object 'sap.com/ess~lea'.

Here are the properties and their values, I set for the application

sap.xss.configurationComponentDc: sap.com/ess~lea

sap.xss.configurationComponentName: com.sap.xss.hr.lea.app.CcAppl

Am I doing anything wrong here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

The change said by Bharadwaj will be working if you are working with NW 2004s.

In 2004s PCD location is used as generic CC.

If you are working with 2004 that change is not required.

I was seeing that code in ESS 6.0 , NW 2004 and I dont see any thing like Leave Overview Cap item.

Be sure to change the correct one.

What version are you working on?

Can you please send me the screen shot of that screen.

My email id is nagaraju.donikena@gmail.com

Regards,

Nagaraju Donikena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Has your Cc implemented the IXSSAppConf interface ?

The only other problem i see is .. component name would be wrong.

Doouble - click on component controller of Cc.. and in the properties check the name..

Do they match ?

Regards

Bharathwaj

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Changed the above mentioned two application properties to point to my local Cc controller and it worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow....it workedddd!!!!

But I dont know why it worked now and not yesterday. I just rebuilt the dc and deployed it and it worked.

Thanks so much to all of you for spending your valuable time for me.

Thanks again.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Laxmi, what does solve your problem? Please, mark your question as answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharadwaj,

my Cc controller does implement IXSSAppConf and the name of the component is also same.

Here is the code that I modified in CC interface controller:

The once in the bold is the only code I am modifying. Hope I am doing it right?

public com.sap.pcuigp.xssutils.java.CAPState getCAPState( com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.java.Perspective perspective )

{

//@@begin getCAPState()

//CAP definition

modus = fpm.getApplicationContext().getApplicationProperty("sap.com.xss.lea.modus");

if (modus.equalsIgnoreCase(CONSTANTS.MODUS_TEAMVIEW)) return null;

String perspectiveName = perspective.getName();

//context = fpm.getApplicationContext().getRequestParameter(

// "sap.com.xss.lea.context");

context = fpm.getApplicationContext().getParameter("sap.com.xss.lea.context");

CAPItem capItemWorklist = new CAPItem("1", wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getTextAccessor().getText("CAPWorkList"), vacWorkList);

CAPItem capItemEECale = new CAPItem("2", wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getTextAccessor().getText("CAPCalendar"), vacBlockCale);

CAPItem capItemAccList = new CAPItem("3", wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getTextAccessor().getText("CAPAccList"), vacAccList);

CAPItem capItemReqList = new CAPItem("4", wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getTextAccessor().getText("CAPReqList"), vacReqList);

CAPItem capItemTeamCale = new CAPItem("5", wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getTextAccessor().getText("CAPTeamCale"), vacTeamCale);

if (modus.equalsIgnoreCase(CONSTANTS.MODUS_APPROVER))

cap = new CAPItem[] {capItemTeamCale, capItemWorklist};

else if (modus.equalsIgnoreCase(CONSTANTS.MODUS_ADMINISTROR))

cap = new CAPItem[] ;

else if (modus.equalsIgnoreCase(CONSTANTS.MODUS_EMPLOYEE))

cap = new CAPItem[] {capItemTeamCale, capItemEECale, capItemAccList, capItemReqList };

else if (modus.equalsIgnoreCase(CONSTANTS.MODUS_TEAMVIEW))

cap = new CAPItem[] ;

if (perspectiveName == CONSTANTS.PERSP_MODIFY_OVERVIEW_NAME

|| perspectiveName == CONSTANTS.PERSP_CREATE_EDIT_NAME

|| perspectiveName == CONSTANTS.PERSP_MODIFY_SELECT_NAME

|| perspectiveName == CONSTANTS.PERSP_MODIFY_EDIT_NAME) {

if (context != null) {

if (context.equalsIgnoreCase(CONSTANTS.CONTEXT_WORKLIST))

return new CAPState(cap, capItemWorklist.getId());

else if (context.equalsIgnoreCase(CONSTANTS.CONTEXT_ACCOUNTS))

return new CAPState(cap, capItemAccList.getId());

else if (context.equalsIgnoreCase(CONSTANTS.CONTEXT_REQLIST))

return new CAPState(cap, capItemReqList.getId());

else if (context.equalsIgnoreCase(CONSTANTS.CONTEXT_TEAMCALE))

return new CAPState(cap, capItemTeamCale.getId());

else if (context.equalsIgnoreCase(CONSTANTS.CONTEXT_EECALE))

<b>return new CAPState(cap, capItemReqList.getId())</b>;//return new CAPState(cap, capItemEECale.getId());

else if (context.equalsIgnoreCase(CONSTANTS.CONTEXT_CLOSED))

return new CAPState(cap, null);

else

<b>return new CAPState(cap, capItemReqList.getId())</b>;//return new CAPState(cap, capItemEECale.getId());

} else {

//return null;

if (modus.equalsIgnoreCase(CONSTANTS.MODUS_EMPLOYEE))

<b>return new CAPState(cap, capItemReqList.getId());//</b>return new CAPState(cap, capItemEECale.getId());

else

return new CAPState(cap, capItemWorklist.getId());

}

} else

return null;

//@@end

}

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

If you want to remove a CAP Item completely.. u need to remove.. that element from CAPItem[] array. That s in this section..

cap = new CAPItem[] {capItemTeamCale, capItemWorklist};
else if (modus.equalsIgnoreCase(CONSTANTS.MODUS_ADMINISTROR))
cap = new CAPItem[] {capItemWorklist};
else if (modus.equalsIgnoreCase(CONSTANTS.MODUS_EMPLOYEE))
cap = new CAPItem[] {capItemTeamCale, capItemEECale, capItemAccList, capItemReqList };
else if (modus.equalsIgnoreCase(CONSTANTS.MODUS_TEAMVIEW))
cap = new CAPItem[] {capItemTeamCale};

To make the leav request list oopen.. you have to return.. capItemReqList... which you are doin rite.

And is the "deployable object part " error resolved ?

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju,

Thanks for ur time.

We are on NW 2004s.

Do you want the screen shot of the error or just the Time Taken Overview Page screen shot?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great...thanks so much. I will try this and let u know the result.

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bharathwaj.

I knew I was missing something.

But, could you please be a little specific on what to change in the application properties. Right now, there is application called LeaveRequest and when I look at the application properties, I find sap.xss.ConfigurationComponentDC and sap.xss.ConfigurationComponentnName. Are these the two properties I should be changing. If so, with what value should I update it. My local cc controller name is CcAppl. Could you please tell me the values to set for these properties?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes. They are.

sap.xss.configurationComponentDC - <namespace i.e sap.com>/project name

sap.xss.configurationComponentName - full path of Ccs controller class.. like com.sap.CcAppl.. (Class name with the package path .. )

My reply in this post should also help :

/message/3271074#3271074 [original link is broken]

Regards

Bharathwaj

Message was edited by:

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bhartwaj,

It seems you have done some work on FPM.

I am doing one POC on webdynpro for java using FPM framework.

I followed the standard example in help.sap.com of SFlight application and i am creating one POC on this one from the scratch.

I followed step by step ,and now i dont have any build errors ,after deploy and run,now i am getting this below error,

i think this error is related to Cc Component or its any other error .

please let me know what is this error

Parameter sap.xss.configurationComponentName not found

Parameter sap.xss.configurationComponentName not found:com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.java.FPMRuntimeException: Parameter sap.xss.configurationComponentName not found

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.java.MessageManager.raiseException(MessageManager.java:111)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssutils.ccxss.CcXss.loadConfiguration(CcXss.java:150)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssutils.ccxss.wdp.InternalCcXss.loadConfiguration(InternalCcXss.java:142)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssutils.ccxss.CcXssInterface.loadConfiguration(CcXssInterface.java:112)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssutils.ccxss.wdp.InternalCcXssInterface.loadConfiguration(InternalCcXssInterface.java:124)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssutils.ccxss.wdp.InternalCcXssInterface$External.loadConfiguration(InternalCcXssInterface.java:184)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.wd.FPMComponent.wdDoInit(FPMComponent.java:165)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.wd.wdp.InternalFPMComponent.wdDoInit(InternalFPMComponent.java:110)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingComponent.doInit(DelegatingComponent.java:108)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.initController(Controller.java:215)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.init(Controller.java:200)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientComponent.init(ClientComponent.java:429)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.init(ClientApplication.java:362)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.initApplication(ApplicationSession.java:700)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doProcessing(ApplicationSession.java:269)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessingStandalone(ClientSession.java:752)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessing(ClientSession.java:705)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doProcessing(ClientSession.java:261)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.RequestManager.doProcessing(RequestManager.java:154)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:62)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doGet(DispatcherServlet.java:46)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:401)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:266)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:387)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:365)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:944)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:266)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:95)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:160)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:100)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:170)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim,

I tried to do the same as you mentioned in CC interface controllers getCAPState() method, but could see any difference. Am I doing it at the wrong place?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In the application properties of your webdynpro application .. changed the Cc to your local Cc.. instead of the generic Cc.

This would make the application take the changes made in the CC..

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju,

I tried this already. I changed in the cc interface controller as you mentioned but still doesnt work.

Thanks for ur time.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

instead of

return new CAPState(cap, capItemEECale.getId());

put

return new CAPState(cap, capItemReqList.getId());

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

I think the DC which you are talking is using CAPItem for this one.

If it is CAP item then try to find for a code of this sort

return new CAPState(cap, capItemCalendar.getId());

Here instead of Calendar Id pass the id you want, some thing like

return new CAPState(cap, capItemshowOverviewLeave.getId());

Regards,

Nagaraju Donikena