cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XIRWBUSER uses upto lots of Dialogue processes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Over the past couple of weeks we have noticed that the XIRWBUSER (in NW04s PI7.0 SP10) uses up lots of dialogue processes:

1 SAPLSZAF 500 XIRWBUSER Sequential Read ADRVP

There can be upto 30 of these at any one time, and this is bringing the system to an almost standstill.

I have found a similar OSS note https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/887880 - Note 887880 - XIRWBUSER uses up all RFC connections, but this is onlt relevant to a specific NW04 service pack, and not our version.

Has anyone come across this? Does anyone know what the service user is trying to do?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

this might be because you have a communication channel that is failing and is sending many alerts to the alert framework. For this operation, the user xirwbuser is used, and becasue there are many calls, the processes are overloaded.

What you should do is find out which communication channel is causing the

pain and de-activate it. Then try to find the alerts and see what was the reason for the failure, solve it, and then activate the channel again.

I hope that helps you

Regards,

Jaime

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue. If I have a file receiver adapter checking a specific location, say for about every 10 seconds and I delete the directory that the adapter engine should check, my PI got locked after a while. I could not log on to the RWB to stop the communication channel and had no other external tool to stop it. You can display the log from developer trace in the dispatcher and see which adapter is causing it. The only way I could get my system was to create the folder with the same name in the same place as the log said, it came back in a while then.

Hope it helps,

Gökhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you manage to solve your issue ?

We are having the excact same problem now. We have som channels failing, so im having someone looking into those now, but if the solution for you was found else where i would be happy to hear about it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was due to a communication channel failing. this was resolved by amending the incorrect channel.