Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM transport strategy

former_member496675
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here's a scenario:

MDM is live and loaded in the production environment. Users are creating/maintaining records every day. Now we want to promote some enhancements that we did in our QA system to the production system.

<b>How do we:

Transport Attribute changes from QA to Prod (Manual?)

Transport Validation Rules from QA to Prod?

Transport Matching Strategies from QA to Prod?

Transport Workflows from QA to Prod?</b>

Thanks,

TS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member496675
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP has provided the transport mechanism. So this situation doesn't apply anymore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My input for this activity, Archive and UnArchive the repository from QA to Prod. There by getting the complete Repository structure, maps and so on.

Looking fwd to see more replies from the other experts...

thanks

Alexander

former_member496675
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Alex. But what would you do about all the records that are in the production respository but not in the QA repository?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can perform Export Schema of your Prod Repository and Mount New Repository from QA box and later you can perform Import Schema of that Prod Repository ( meaning merge into the new repository ) into New repository..

hope this solves your problem ..please feel free to revert to me for further clarifications..

thanks

Alexander

P.S.Kindly reward the points if found problem solved

former_member496675
Participant
0 Kudos

Alex,

We can not transport all those changes that I have mentioned above in my message by schema export/import. I am quite familiar with that process and it will only make structural changes in your repository like addition/modification of tables, fields etc.

Schema export/import process does not work for transporting workflows, validations, matching strategies and attributes.

Thanks,

TS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TS,

At the MDM Bootcamp from SAP the day before yesterday, only "archive/unarchive" and "Export/Import repository schema" were mentioned as transportation options.

SP05 has been extended here (see the release notes at https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/installmdm). But I think not everything is available yet...

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Dennis