Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Composite Roles in CUA to Child system Using User Level Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone tell me what the steps are for assigning composite roles in the central system to a child system?

I know how to do it with position level security but I am having a problem with user level security.

Here is what I did:

Created composite role in central system

Created single role in central system without any authorizations as placeholder for role in child system.

I added the target of the single role destination of child system into the role menu area on the central system and clicked on save. By doing this it overrides the role on the child system.

Then when I tried to assign the composite role to the user I could not see the role in the drop down even though I had put the target system into the single role on the central system

Anyway if someone could give me the proper steps, that would be helpful.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

<<<I added the target of the single role destination of child system into the role menu area on the central system and clicked on save. By doing this it overrides the role on the child system.>>>

It should not be overriding the role in the child system by doing this unless you click distribute. If it's overriding the child system role it's depletes ting the purpose of the composite you are trying to build.

By clicking save it doesn't overite the child system role on the version/configuration of the systems I work on.

When you assign the composite it should then add all the roles in the composite to the user.

Cheers,

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ben, tell me if this is right for direct user assignments

I have removed the composite role and single role from the central system, I did run text comparison so that the child role and composite role in the child system would be known to the central system. I assigned the composite role located on the child system to the user in the central system and clicked on save. It worked.

Looks like I figured it out. Looks like the composite role only needs to be set up on the central system if you are doing indirect user assignments or position level security.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I answered my own question!

0 Kudos

Can you give yourself points?