Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java + Open SQL sample code..

former_member202208
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to use Open SQL in our project, Can any one send me a Stand alone sample example of Java and Open SQL.

also point me, from where i can get informations regardig the same..

We have SAP J2EE 6.20.

Also pls let me know the supporting jar,zip files, and from where can i download the same.

I googled, but i couldnt get any sample examples..

1. Does SAP J2EE 6.20 support Java & Open SQL.

2. What all supporting jar files, do i need and from where can i get the same..

Regards,

Shridhar..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

To use open sql in particular project in Netweaver Studio,you should have WAS 6.40.SO the current version which you had mentioned WAS 6.20 doesn't support open sql.

Secondly to use open sql you should place the driver .jar file in the lib folder of your respective perspective.you can download the same .jar file from the vendor's website(eg:- oracle).Then you need to conect to the DB,have youe executable statement and iterate thro' your resultset similarly what you in an ordinary JDBC program.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, OpenSQL is not supported on the J2EE Engine 6.20. Support for it starts with J2EE Engine 6.40. To learn more about the OpenSQL framework and how to use it, see the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2d/23b32e8c0152469edf07909703fe03/frameset.htm">following documentation</a>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shridhar,

You can find the sample code for Open SQL under your Developer Studio installation directory i.e. under program files/sap/jdt/eclipse/examples.

or you can download from the following URL also.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/web dynpro tutorial and sample applications.faq

Regards,

Bhavik

former_member202208
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

Thanks for ur quick reply. I doownlaoded the zip, i dont find any supporting jar,zip files in that, Can you please tell me from where can i download the supporting files..

Regards,

Shridhar..

Note: I dont have developer studio..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shridhar,

Check out PDF file which explains all the steps. There you can find from where you can get supporting JAR files.

This pdf file is available in the same url.

Regards,

Bhavik