Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA configuration

0 Kudos

Our CUA is not finding some SU01 user paramaters, because they do not exist in the CUA system.

Roles can be uploaded from the child systems, but not Paramaters. From the roles tab you can select roles, per system, and the CUA will find the roles from the child system. Paramaters dont work this way, and there is not 'system' for each parameter.

We cannot create new users, from the CUA, with these missing parameters.

Any suggestions? .....thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scott,

To migrate during the SCUG transfer make sure the value for both is set to

LOCAL or PROPOSAL and then ensure the following config parameters have been entered

check config table PRGN_CUST for the following options. One is for usergroup the other is for parameters.

- CUA_PARAMETER_CHECK

- CUA_USERGROUPS_CHECK

Cmay also want to look at OSS note 395841

Cheers,

Ben

0 Kudos

Scott,

I stated local or proposal. But you probably want Global or proposal. Proposal allows you to transfer the parameters when the user is first setup, but then allows local maintenance.

Cheers,

Ben

0 Kudos

Thanks Ben, We'll be testing this to see if it'll work for us.

Scott.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

I too faced the same thing when I configured CUA couple of years back.If I remember correct , Parameters will be overwritten eachtime you add a new system to CUA with same user.

Lets say , you have user X in CUA from system A and now you are trying to add system B to CUA and user X exist in System B , the parameters for user X will be updated from system B if you select the distribution as global.

For more info please have a look at note 611972

Thanks

Prince

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scott,

Ben' suggestion will work best. Change it to Local of Proposal. I was also testing with Redist option. I can change the parameter in my ECC golden client, that parameter and value will be pushed to all other ECC and unfortunately BI, CRM and other systems too. Have some unexpected result when I add the parameter thru SU10. After all the experiments, Ben's suggestion was my final choice.

Remeber to set the switch in the PRGN_CUST Customizing table:

CUA_PARAMETER_CHECK switch, I set it to I (Ignore).

Right now I can insert the Parameter into the user master in my Central System even they do not exist in the Central system, and push them to the Child systems.

Have fun.

Lye

0 Kudos

Thanks Lye, we will try this.

Scott.