Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample INI file for SP05 Installation

former_member496675
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The installation guide of MDM 5.5 SP05 mentions a sample INI file that you can use to install executables by using /s switch

<b>MDMServerInstall /s install.ini</b>

This sample file is supposed to be in the installation package shipped by SAP but I couldn't find it in the package that I received. Does anyone have this file and would like to share the contents with me? I'd highly appreciate that.

Thanks,

TS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

holger_roesing
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

due to other requests regarding this issue I created a note that should solve the problem until the ini file is contained in the official delivery (which will be MDM 5.5 SP05 Patch 02).

Please have look at <b>SAP Note 1073009</b> and download the attached zip archive. It contains a single text file, sample_install.INI, which you may customize and use for your automatic installations.

Regards,

Holger

former_member496675
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where do I find the MDM server name that I installed? I went thru the whole exercise of execution of software. When I am logging on to MDM Console, I am not sure what server I need to mount.

Can you please help me with that?

Thanks

Anil.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TS,

Thank you for discovering this inconsistency. The INI file was overlooked when the installation package was posted to the Service Marketplace; it will be included when the next patch is released.

If you would like to have the INI file before the next release, please submit an OSS message so we can provide you with the file directly.

Thank you,

Cleopatra