cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding item updations in VBPA table

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. In VA01 transaction. When we create more than one item with different item categories during sales order creation. If the ship-to-party at the header level and at item level is same. Then we are getting only one entry in the table VBPA.with POSNR 000000.

2. Our enhancement objective to check the item numbers in VBPA depending on the item-categories whether they assigned to ZA partner function or not…If not assigned I have to display an message saying that for this item number(xxx) the delivery agent(ZA) is missing.

Since I am getting only one record for for all the item numbers in VBPA..I am unable to go ahead to check whether the ZA partner function is assigned to item number or not.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna - What I have seen is this and you've already mentioned it, is that if the ship to party on item and header are same, VBPA will not record it. Hence, the first check you can do on VBPA is that if ZA is assigned to item # 00000 or not.

Secondly, if there's an item on the order that has a different ship to party at item level, either the person making that change on the item partners should modify the ZA partner function at the time when the ship to party change is carried out, otherwise, the system will take the ZA partner function same as headers. If somehow, your sales people don't realize this requirement, to change ZA while changing SH at item level, what you can do is check in background whether in VBPA there's entries without item no 0000.

Retrieve records from VBPA for the sales order with item VBPA-POSNR <> 0.

If sy-subrc = 0

Check whether the records retrieved have partner function ZA assigned.

Capture item #s without a corresponding ZA entry.

endif.

Let me know if I am not clear.

Thanks

Nikhil

Answers (0)