Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is a thread update not an update?

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've noticed a few times that threads get an "updated" icon next to them yet are not moved to the top, nor do any of the posts have an "updated" icon next to them.

Anyone else noticed this? What gives?

Cheers,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. I did notice it.. I guess it moves to the top only when the last person to post on the thread updates it or there is another new response to that thread..

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The updated and not moved to the top is normally when the author edits their post but no new reply is posted. The key is "edits" in this case.

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, I suspected it may have something to do with edits. I think sometimes it shows an updated icon next to the edited posts. However at other times it definitely doesn't.

I'd class this as a bug - either the thread and the post in question should show 'updated' or none.

Cheers,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have to wait for our Forum Guru he's back Monday could also be something that is not longer seen - forums will be down this Sunday for maintenance.

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, that's come and gone and I'm still getting threads with "Updated Content" and no updated post in the thread itself.

Answers (0)