Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of SAP Solution Manager 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have one question regarding the installation of SAP Solution Manager 4.0

Do I need to consider the Unicode-installation of SAP Solution Manager 4.0?

We use SAP Solution Manager just for the following scenarios:

<b>Maintenance Optimizer</b> (to patch the existing SAP-systems from SAP Solution Manager)

and <b>monitoring-functionality (CCMS)</b>

Thank you!

Axel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All systems beyond NW2004s (Netweaver 7.0) will only be released as Unicode versions. So even in case you use just those two usage types, you will need to migrate to Unicode to upgrade to the next version of SolMan (after 2009). To avoid such a migration install it as Unicode.

--

Markus

Syamkriz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My satellite systems are in Non-Unicode.And if I install solution manager with Unicode kernel,will it create any problem for the interoperability with satellite systems which are in Non-unicode status.Please advise from your experience.

Syamkrishnan

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Syamkrishnan,

There is not interoperability problems in having solman in Unicode and the satellites in Non-unicode, and in the other side also apply.

Best regards,

Dolores

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I´d not say "no problem", there may be problems if you have e. g. an MDMP system and you have chinese names in SU01 (or any other non-latin codepage).

--

Markus

Syamkriz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much to Dolores Correa and Markus Döhr for replying for my querry.FYI-My system users only use English and I do not have any problem of chineese.My problem is that I am not able to install Non-unicode kernel.The Solution manager installation program(sapinst) only takes Unicode kernel CD whereas my satellite systems are non-unicode.Now if unicode solution manager can work with non-unicode satellites,then the problem is solved.

Warm Regards,

Syamkrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

so did you got any solution for the same??

Did your Unicode Solution Manager worked for NON UNICODE systems??

Please let me know .

Thanks.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Axel,

I would suggest going to unicode now if you have the capacity to do so, it will only save you a possible migration later. From what I understand, unicode is the direction SAP is going, and if you have a chance to get it installed on your solution manager, I would go for it.

Regards,

Mike Heath