cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning a map to an outbound port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I'm trying to syndicate several records using syndication server. I defined my mapping in the MDM Syndicator (5.5 SP5) and saved it. Then I tried to create a port in the console. I took a remote system type inbound/outbound. I defined the port as outbound and expected that I could select my map from the syndicator.

Could you please tell me what I do wrong?

Thanks in advance

René

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

Please restart the console and syndicator and then try creating port. Your problem will be solved and your syndication map will appear in the list.

Also check that you have the client system which you used for creating syndication map and the client system for which you are defining port are same as the syndication maps in MDM are client system specific.

Hope this will solve your problem. Revert back to me for further queries.

Thanks,

<b>Shiv.</b>

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

Correct me if am wrong...your requirement is " In the port definition you want to select Syndicator maps under the field MAP "???

here we go, the solution is purely depends on the Remote system, choose the appropriate remote system for the field available in the port definition and try for the maps it will show you all available syndicator maps.

make sure when you create the syndicator maps, it got saved under this remote system...

hope this solves your problem...

please feel free to revert to me for further clarifications...

thanks

Alexander

P.S. Kindly reward the points, if problem solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Rene,

I wanted to add one additional point to Alexander's solution. Once the remote system is selected for your map <b>ALL</b> outbound (previously defined) Ports will be selectable. Meaning the Port is not dependant on the remote system and more than one map and remote system can write to that Port location.

Sincerely, Kristin

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I understood your problem, you want to syndicate file to the port.

For this -

1) Go to destination properties in Syndicator, select the type, then select your <b>client system</b>.

2) Map the fields and save this map as say MAP1.

3) Now in your Console under Admin node select the port.

Here select your outbound port and the associated client system. In the Map field detail select your map you have created above i.e. MAP1 and save it.

4) Load the repository.

5) Go to Syndicator and open your map i.e MAP1

6) Select Destnation properties.

This time select type as port, corresponding client system and port.

7)Execute the syndication.

Your file will get posted to the respective port.

Hope this helps.

null