Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change J2EE_ADMIN for deploy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear programmers,

I've a pretty urgent problem because my during deploying this error occurs:

Cannot connect to Host: ... with user name: [J2EE_ADMIN] Check your login information. BaseLoginException: Access Denied.

I've changed the problem in the Config tool but without success. Also tried to change the password in the User Administration, but it seems the password is read only.

I read somewhere that the difference between the Visual Administrator passwords and the secure store passwords caused the deploy error.

In the VA -> Security Provider -> J2EE_ADMIN this error occurs:

Unable to change password. (but I logged in with the SAP* user..)

In advance,

Adri

Message was edited by:

Adri Kodde

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I had a similar problem But it was rectified when I made the VirtualAdmin password and SDM password as the same one...Try that

Regards

Krishna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adri,

look at these threads:

Reward points for helpful answers.

Best regards,

Gianluca Barile

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've reset the SDM password but still get this error:

Cannot connect to host with user name [J2EE_ADMIN] check your login information.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adri,

It might be that the admin password had expired and you had changed it in portal or in VA.

This change should also be propagated to secure store... using config tool.

In configtool -> Secure store - > admin/password/J2E ... enter the admin password.. make sure this is the same as the reset password in VA.

Save and apply changes. Restart the cluster.

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've created a Administrator user in the useradmin with the same roles/groups as the J2EE_ADMIN user. In the V.A. I changed the admin user into Administrator with the password I entered earlier.

After a restart, my j2ee processes would't start up maybe due a recv error. Is this related to each other?

When I open the config tool and enter again the J2EE_ADMIN with the corresponded password, the server also wouldn't start..

Please help..!

Adri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adri,

Can you post the Exception you are getting for deployment.

Regards

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I get an exception that the server is down..

The previous exception is described above. Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>I changed the admin user into Administrator with the password I entered earlier.</i>

What do you mean by this ? Why cant you login to the ABAP system as J2EE_ADMIN .. go to transaction SMICM.. and restart the server (this option is available in the top menu)

Regards

Bharathwaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to see the entire trace

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adri,

Start your Web Dynpro services in VA.

This should help.

Regards