cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are BC_BC_XMB_*.ARCHIVE files ? can i delete/relocate them ?

Former Member

Hi

On our DEV & QA NW04 XI servers, we are running out of space on the C: drive, when I looked at the directory sizes, the C:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global directory was using about 4GB of space, when I looked in the directory, there were about 200 files in there with the names :

BC_BC_XMB_<DATE>_*_0.ARCHIVE

The BC_BC_XMB_*.ARCHIVE files are using about 3GB of space, I'm more used to ABAP systems and have never seen this type of file in the GLOBAL directory, can I relocate/delete these files safely? as they are using about a third of the C drive, the files are using about 200 MB of space daily, what are these files ?

It is the same on our DEV & QA XI servers, I do not see the BC_BC_XMB_*.ARCHIVE on our ECC 5 or NW04 BW installations, so I'm guessing they are XI related?

On our Production XI system, we do not have any BC_BC_XMB_*.ARCHIVE files in the GLOBAL directory, so I'm guessing its something thats been switched off for production, but forgot about in DEV & QA.

We are running NW04 on WIndows 2003/SQL 2000.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

these were XI archiving files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Those might be the program which may be using for archiving the messgaes in XI. They would have not switched on in DEV and QA but will there in Production.

Also you will not see this in R3 and BI becuase you dont have messages in them like XI and neither the message archiving.

So please check them.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are Monitered Messages in SAP XI