cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter with QoS=EOIO Is there any filesize limitation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm using a File/FTP Sender adapter with Quality of Service = EOIO (Exactly Once In Order) to keep the polled order of the files.

In the processing parameters I defined a queue name and everything is working well for small (~1 MByte) files.

But if I want to transfer bigger (~25 MByte) files, the whole Java stack collapses and the system has to be restarted.

Is there any size limitation for this own defined queues?

Have you any experience with this kind of processing?

Any comments / experiences are welcome!

Best regards,

Andras

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this problem onlyfaced with QOS as EOIO? Did you try with QOS as EO with the file size of 25 MB.

If there are multiple files available at the same time then there might be some issue with EOIO as all files are inthe Queue taking up memory waiting to be processed.

But, if this issue is being faced with just a singlefile, then this is not a problem with QOS but that your Hardware needs to be QuicSized for such a huge file.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

there are several files to poll, we have to keep the alphabetical order of them.

It seems, that we have this issue only with EOIO. (EO works good)

After the system has restarted, the first file from the queue was processed, but with a n error message "Could not delete file 'filename.dat' after processing: java.lang.NullPointerException"

(the delete option is on after the transfer)

Is there any possibility to check the mentioned "QuicSized" settings?

I just wanted to know, if there is an "unofficial" size limit of these queues.

Thank you!

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andras,

SAP recommends a size of 5 Mb.

you can try the quicksizer tool on http://service.sap.com/quicksizer.

This note discusses issues with EOIO when message has a huge size, 823116 . maybe it helps.

Regards

Bhavesh