cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFLIGHT is NOT defined for the current logical database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just started learning ABAP and bought an ABAP Objects book by Horst Keller. I have installed 4.6d mini sap and SAP GUI 6.4 on win XP Prof. I executed S_FLIGHT_MODEL_DATA_GENERATOR to load DB tables.

(1). When I tried to check a sample program, I get an error message SFLIGHT is not defined for the current logical database.

Here is the partial code:

REPORT zbcb01f1 .

TABLES: sflight, sbook.

DATA: BEGIN OF sr OCCURS 100,

carrid LIKE sbook-carrid,

connid LIKE sbook-connid,

fldate LIKE sbook-fldate,

bookid LIKE sbook-bookid,

order_date LIKE sbook-order_date,

loccuram LIKE sbook-loccuram,

END OF sr.

GET sflight. <---- Error is pointed here

(2). I am also not getting Graphical Screen Painter when selecting Layout for a screen. Instead, I am getting alphanumeric editor.

Someone please help me.

Raizak.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) NOT defined...

This worked for me in 4.6c:

Edit your program using transaction SE38

Select GOTO > ATTRIBUTES from the menu bar.

Look at value in LOGICAL DATABASE: it may be blank or specify the wrong logical database.

Go back to your program and copy the name of the table in question, in your case, "SFLIGHT", to the clipboard.

Run transaction SE36 in a new window.

Select the drop down box for LOGICAL DATABASE; a dialog search box will open.

Paste the name of the table in question into the TABLE NAME field and run the search to find what logical database(s) the table shows up in.

Decide on the appropriate logical database from the list returned from the search.

Go back to your program (using transaction SE38). Select GOTO > ATTRIBUTES from the menu bar.

Select the change icon and put the logical database value into the LOGICAL DATABASE field.

Save up everything and see if your program passes muster.

Note: the logical database may create its own selection screen.

Good luck!

phess

ncalixs504
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello:

I had the same error with skc1a table, your solution worked for me, thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding to graphical screen painter issue, I've had the same problem in several installations, and most of them were debt to missing eumfcdll.dll. The best thing you can do is to test if this dll is already in your system and if not, reinstalling again Sapgui.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Razaik,

You might have got the solution by this time but still writing it down for others.

When you go for reinstalling the GUI , under the developmet tools node , you need to select the 'graphical screen painter' option. This is often unselected even though the parent node seems to be selected.

Regards,

Surekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raizak,

Could you share to everybody either you have solved this problem and how?

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raizak,

Please check whether you can uninstall and install <b>SAPGUI only</b>.

If follow this.

Unistall SAPGUI 6.40 completely using Add/remove programs.

(Best option if possible:<b>use sapsweep.exe from the source CD</b>)

restart your PC.

Install again from source, while installation select all the check boxes.

Hope this will help you.

regards

Anand.M

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Raizak,

there are two OSS notes on the issues, 204910 and 101971. Maybe they can help you solve the problem. If it still does not work, please create an OSS message so that the responsible team can take care of it.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ananda Krishna Mari,

I have tried it, but it did not work.

Regards,

Raizak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian Cohrs,

I am pretty much lost here. Can you direct me how would I access OSS notes 204910 and 101971.

Regards,

Raizak

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Raizak,

the easiest way is to go to service.sap.com/notes and enter the note number. For this time I've copied the 2 notes below.

Best regards,

Christian

Symptom

The Graphical Layout Editor of the Screen Painter either does not start or terminates.Error message 37527 is displayed in the session in which the call was made (Graphical Layout Editor not available.

Additional key words

() EUNOTE, EUSCREENPAINTER, 37 527

Cause and prerequisites

This note comprises all the common causes for error message 37527 and provides you with information on how to systematically trouble shoot the problem.

1. Windows32 or UNIX/motif?

As of Release 4.6B there is only the program version for 32bit Windows (NT, 95, 98, 2000 ff.).Up to Release 4.6A there was also a version for UNIX/Motif.All of the more current notes (with the exception of Note 45490) refer only to the Windows version.

2. Termination at the start or during use?

The following diagnostic steps refer to the causes of the errors which prevent the Graphical Layout Editor from starting. However, there are also known error causes, which result in the program terminating when the application is being used and which also produce the 37527 error message. This affects -

Rel.4.6C/D: Termination when attempting to read texts in the logon language -> Note 375494

Crash after transferring program and dictionary fields. Termination after transferring program and dictionary fields -> Note 189245

Release 3.1I: Termination after inputting field text -> Note 113318

3. Is the SAPGUI installation correct?

The Graphical Layout Editor is automatically installed during the standard installation of the SAPGUI.If you chose a non-standard installation, then you should have explicitely selected its installation (component "Development Tools - Graphical Screen Painter").

The program executable is called gneux.exe.During the SAPGUI installation it is placed in the same directory as the SAPGUI programms (for example, front.exe) (usually C:\Program Files\SAPpc\sapgui). The following belong to the program:

- An additonal executable gnetx.exe (RFC starter program)

- the DLL eumfcdll.dll

- various eusp* data files (that is, the names all begin with eusp.)

You can check the completeness of the program installation by starting the program gneux.exe locally in the SAPGUI directory (for example, by double-clicking on the program name in the Explorer window).The Layout Editor is displayed with German texts and an empty drawing area for the pseudo screen EUSPDYND 0000.

If the installation is not complete, an error dialog box provides information regarding the cause of the error, for example, sometimes the DLL eumfcdll.dll is missing after reinstalling the SAPGUI. For example, the eumfcdll.dll DLL was sometimes missing after the SAPGUI was reinstalled.

4. System link defined and okay?

The Graphical Layout Editor is a separate program which is started by the Screen Painter Transaction (SE51) on the Frontend machine.

Up to Release 3.0F, the programs communicated with each other via the graphics log of the SAPGUIs (gmux).The definition of the environment variable SAPGRAPH may be the cause for the program not being being found where it is.

As of Release 3.1 G, the programs use a separate RFC link which is set up in addition to the SAPGUI's RFC link.Missing or incorrect definitions of the RFC destination EU_SCRP_WN32 or problems with the creation of the RFC link are the most frequent causes for error message 37527 being displayed.Below you can find the correct settings for the RFC destination EU_SCRP_WN32 (under "Solution").Note 101971 lists all the possible causes for problems with the RFC link set-up. Attention:The Graphical Layout Editor may not be operated through a firewall (for example between the SAP and the customer system) because this does not allow an additional RFC connection in addition to the SAPGUI.

Solution

ad 1 UNIX/Motif

Note 45490 describes possible errors resulting from an incorrect program installation under UNIX/Motif (up to Release 4.6A).

ad 2 Termination when using

The above-mentioned notes may contain options for solving individual problems.However, you usually have to replace the program with an corrected version.You can do this either by downloading a patch from sapservX or by installing a more current SAPGUI.The patch is mentioned in the respective note.

ad 3 Installation

You either need to reinstall the SAPGUI or manually copy the missing file into the SAPGUI directory.In both cases you should make sure beforehand that a Graphical Layout Editor is no longer running.To do this you can either remove all processes gneux.exe from the process list by using a tool such as Task Manager (on WindowsNT) or exit the Graphical Layout Editor from the Screen Painter Transaction menu via Edit -> Cancel Graphical Screen Painter). Attention:For each session or system an individial Layout Editor process may exist so that, if need be, several processes should be cancelled.

ad 4 System link

Up to Release 3.0F:you can either delete the environment variable SAPGRAPH or copy all the files of the Graphical Layout Editor into the directory which is specified by SAPGRAPH.

As of Release 3.1G:you can use Transaction SM59 to check the RFC destination EU_SCRP_WN32 (expand the TCP/IP connections, select destination EU_SCRP_WN32).If the destination is missing, then you should create it with the following settings:

- Connection type "T" (start of an external program via ...)

- Activation type "Start"

- Start on "Front-end workstation"

- Front-end workstation program "gnetx.exe" (caution! NOT gneux.exe)

- Description (optional) "Graph. Screen Painter (Windows32)

Start Program gneux.exe using the gnetx.exe starter program."

If you want to start the program from a different directory than the SAPGUI standard directory, then replace the default value under Frontend work station by the complete path name for program gnetx.exe.Transaction SM59 also allows you to check the RFC connection via the pushbutton "Test connection").In this case the system attempts to localize and start the program gnetx.exe.If there are errors, a message is displayed regarding the possible causes (for example, gateway problem, timeout problem or the like).Note 101971 provides a detailed explanation of the problems involved with an RFC connection set-up.As the Graphical Screen Painter requires a functional RFC connection as of Release 3.1G, contact the System Administrator or create an message on the topic Middleware (BC-MID-RFC) if you encounter RFC problems.

If the program gnetx.exe can be found and started, the banner dialog box with logo, release data and version number is displayed briefly.As the Layout Editor itself is not started, the error cause must be in the installation of the Layout Editor program gneux.exe if the connection test was successful.

Release 4.5A to 4.6B: Use with Releases <3.1G>.

The Graphical Layout Editor is downward-compatible as regards the system connection, that is, an RFC-based Layout Editor for example from Release 4.6C can also be used on a non-RFC-based Screen Painter, for example of Release 3.0F.However, the releases mentioned above have a program error which causes a crash due to memory violation in the start phase of the program.Note 197328 describes the solution by installation of the corrected program version.

Important: Trace file dev_euspNNN!

If none of the diagnosis steps leads to the cause of the error and to the solution of the problem via the corresponding note, then you should add the contents of the trace files dev_euspNNN (NNN = process number) to the message for SAP, if possible.You can find this file in the current directory of the SAP System, for example under Windows NT in C:\Winnt\Profiles\<user>\SAPworkdir.If several such trace files can be found there, make sure that you use the file which matches the termination time with respect to date and time of creation.In most cases the ERROR message in the last lines of this trace file provides an important note on the cause of the error.

Source code corrections

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Symptom

The graphic layout editor of the Screen Painter cannot be started (RFC version).

Other terms

() EUNOTE, EUSCREENPAINTER

Reason and Prerequisites

This is generally caused by the fact that the RFC connection between the frontend graphics layout editor and the calling screen painter program at the backend cannot be set up.

Possibility 1: Route permission denied

In the trace file dev_eusp<Process Id> of the graphics layout editor you find the entry "ERROR in RFCMgr_accept: not accepted", and in the RFC trace file dev_rfc.trc you have an entry of the form "ERROR route permission denied (<Front-Id> to <BackId>,<Service>)".

If there is a firewall between frontend computer and application

server, you need to decide whether the port for the RFC of the graphical layout editor can be released here (see Solution 1 below).

In case no firewall exists between the frontend computer and the application server, in its route permission table, the SAProuter contains either no entry for the frontend computer, on which the graphics layout editor is started, or the entry says that the link is saved by a password.Since the connection is denied, the graphics editor processes exits again, and the screen painter switches to the alphanumeric layout editor.

Possibility 2: Service 'sapgw<ServiceId>' unknown

In the trace file dev_eusp<ProzessId> of the graphics layout editor you have the entry "ERROR in RFCMgr_accept: not accepted", and in the RFC trace file dev_rfc.trc you have an entry of the form "ERROR service 'sapgw<ServiceId>' unknown".

The service sapgw<ServiceId> (for example, sapgw00) is not known on one of the computers participating in the RFC communication because the corresponding entry is missing in its service file. The affected computer can be the frontend computer or the gateway computer.

Possibility 3: The system parameter gw/cpic_timeout value is too low

This system parameter determines how many seconds the gateway is waiting for the RFC connection to be set up.In case of a high network load, the default value of 20 seconds is too small with the result that the connection cannot be created on time.Here the graphics layout editor process also exits with the trace file entry "ERROR in RFCMgr_accept: not accepted".

Possibility 4: System parameter abap/no_sapgui_rfc set

The profile parameter abap/no_sapgui_rfc of the system is set (that is, it has a value not equal to space or 0).This prevents the program of the graphics layout editor from being started with RFC at the frontend.

Possibility 5: Unnecessary authorization check

The error message "No RFC authorization for user xxxxxx" is generated although the check of the RFC authorization was deactivated by profile parameter auth/rfc_authority_check (value = space or 0). The problem is caused by a program error, that ignores the value of the profile parameter let during the call of the RFC authorization check (see Note 93254). This error can occur as of Release 4.5.

Solution

ad 1) If a Firewall is installed between frontend computer and the application server, you need to decide whether the port for the RFC link of the graphical layout editor shall be released in the firewall. This is port 33nn, where nn is the 2-digit system number of the SAP application server. As of Release 3.1G, the graphical layout editor needs an RFC link for communication with the application server in addition to the already existing linkof the SAP GUIs. Such a second link is not allowed by the firewall in general because it would contradict the security concept (password protection, logging of the connection).

If no firewall exists, you should check whether the frontend computer can be added to the route permission table or whether the password option can be removed from out of the available entry.

For details refer to chapter 4.4 of the attached Note 30289.

ad 2) Include service sapgw<ServiceId> in the service file.

Refer to Note 52959 for details.

ad 3) Increase value for system parameter gw/cpic_timeout. 60 seconds should be sufficent as a timeout limit.

ad 4) Set the system parameter abap/no_sapgui_rfc to space or 0

Start the application server so that the new parameter value comes into effect.

ad 5) Import the Support Package specified in the attachment for the release in question or implement the advance correction in the source code as described in the attached correction instructions.

As a workaround, assign RFC authorizations as described in Note 93254.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PC Name a-la "&#1048;&#1084;&#1103; &#1050;&#1086;&#1084;&#1087;&#1091;&#1090;&#1077;&#1088;&#1072;" - "The Graphical Layout Editor of the Screen Painter either does not start or terminates.Error message 37527 is displayed in the session in which the call was made (Graphical Layout Editor not available."

PC Name a-la "PCname" - all right!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if your host firewall is locking the access.

I've had this problem and the firewall was the great villain.

You need to release the following ports:

3600/tcp # SAP System Message Port

3200/tcp # SAP System Dispatcher Port

4700/tcp # SAP System Dispatcher Security Port

3300/tcp # SAP System Gateway Central Instance Port

4800/tcp # SAP System Gateway Security Port

Best Regards

Marcos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raizak,

Does graphical screen painter work for you now? let me know and I can help.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nanditha,

Executable gneux.exe was installed and it in Program Files/SAP. Screen painter is still not working for me.

Regards,

Raizak.

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Raizak,

you can enable the graphical screen painter in the menu, for example in se38: Utilities->Settings, and then go to the screen painter tab.

I don't know about the sflight, though.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian Cohrs,

Graphical screen painter is already checked in settings. However, it does not invoke Graphical Screen painter.

Thanks

Raizak

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Raizak,

I think the Screenpainter is a separate installation component. Did you select it when you installed SAP GUI?

There should be an executable gneux.exe somewhere in Program Files/SAP if the screenpainter was installed.

Best regards,

Christian