Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eventing between 2 WebDynPros...

david_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Scenarion :

I have a WebDynPro (WD1) that has a context.

I want that my second WebDynPro(WD2) project gets this context.

How can we do this eventing ?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One way u develop the webDynpro Components as DC's then u can develop ur WD1 and then add that WD1 as used DC in ur WD2 and access the context values if both the applications are interdependent or else u can use portal eventing if u have portal to pass values from one app to other.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

david_fryda2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone one for the answers.

I am now in a bad situation because I do not know how to distribute points to each one of you...

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create the projects as DevelopmentComponents.

The first component can expose the context to the second, if the latter inherits the PublicPart of the first in its Used DCs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

fire a plug with the url of the first to the second and you cna pass values through the url

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Initialy create a Webdynpro DC project. copy all your component from the First normal web dynpro project to this new web dynpro project.

In this new Web dynpro DC project select the component from which you want to export your context and events, in map all the context elements of controller to the Interface controller in that component. Now expose this component as public part of that DC project so that it can be used by another DC projects.

Create new Webdynpro DC project. in used DC add the refrence of Previous project's public part. Now rebuild the DC.

in the component on Second Project add Component from previos project as used component.

From here you can see the Context of the Component in another Wed dynpro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

If you want to do this. then your both webdynpro applications are DC. otherwise you can't achieve this.

Make one webdynpro DC and make component in it. Make this component as public part.

Now make another webdynpro DC and add above webdynpro component in used DCs of this webdynrpo dc project.

Now, you can access all methods and context of first application from second one.

Regards,

Bhavik