cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro E / SAP integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Have a query! We are doing the integration of Pro E with SAP, We are not able to locate how do we link the Documents types in SAP with the file extensions in Pro E.

That is we want to say that (*.part, *.asm) should be linked to a particular Doc type in SAP, where we define this setting?

Thanks in davnce for an help in this

Thanks,

Ashok Verma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, thats correct CDESK_CUS where you need to maintain CAD System, then the User Group, then Document Types i.e. Originals (File Extensions) then in Create Document you need to maintain SAP Document Types against that File Extension i.e. against that Applications.

Regards

Rehman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys,

I was able to get it from the Protocol given by Riess, yes i know Riess and i have done a training for ProE/SAP Integration @ Riess Engg, Karlsbad Germany.

Thanks for the help.

Ashok Verma

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is in the transaction CDESK_CUS, where the linkage of CAD files to Doc Types is maintained.

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, please visit the link www.riess.de

They are SAP partners who have developed the software for integrating Pro/E with SAP. I would like to understand if you are already in possession of that software.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok

Use Transaction code "DC10" for Defining the Document Types in SAP

there in Details screen of "Define document type" you see fields "Def WS appl"

you need to Fill these Fields with your Application (i.e Pro-E)

Which you have to define in "WorkStation application" i.e. ACD, WRD, TXT, PDF, PRE etc. etc.. against this you need to mention the "file Format" even i.e. *.prt, *.asm... etc. etc.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Rehman

Reward Points if Useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

what u can do is create a doc type in DMS...

also follow the installation n config guide provided by Riess...

make all settings for data carrier, WS application, .....

regards,

Award if useful