cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landscape of Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All:

My question is about the Solution Manager's Landscape. Normally, do we need 3-tier (DEV-QAS-PRD) landscape for Solution Manager implementation or only 1 Solution Manager to be installed is ok?

Any info will be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Best Regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Most commonly, only Solution manager is needed which is a separate system. This system is hooked up to SAP Landscape which has DEV/QA/PROD box.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Sudhan Shan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A 2 tier landscape is always advisable for Solman... with increasing dependencies on SOLMAN for various scenarios, application of OSS Notes would be a prime activity ... and a DEV box would always be handy to test before releasing such the TR to PRD... If you intend to use it for CHARM,Service Desk,MOPZ and so on.. it would be the central hub and i am sure you would not risk it with a single PRD system...

Br,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All:

Great thanks for your reply!

Is there any document about the landscape for reference?

And how about the sizing for solution manager?

Any info will be highly appreciated!

Best Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Apart from thanks people who answered your question will be looking forward for reward points too. Reward points will make the SDNers to try to answer for more of your questions.

Hope you are aware of this reward points system )

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reminding!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thank you for the reward points.

Regarding the landscape - Have not come across any document of that sort. People suggest based on experience.

Sizing for solution manager - You can get the document from the below link in service market place.

<a>https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_HIER_KEY=501100035870000009816&_HIER_KEY=601100035870000192213&_HIER_KEY=701100035871000457214&_OBJECT=011000358700000255562007E&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&</a>

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Again forgot to reward points for the sizing guide? )

Or have closed the thread by selecting the "solved on my own" option?

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

1 Solution Manager is sufficient.

Or else you can have 2 Solution Manager systems. One to play-around and try things(Becos relating to service desk messages, we might want to try creating support messages, later we might find it difficult to delete it).

And other to actually keep track of all Project related activities.

best regds,

Alagammai.