cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer data to/From SAP GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am doing a project which requires me to transfer data from and to an SAP GUI screen. I am trying to write a script or piece of code which can copy data from a html page, fill the SAP GUI posting screen. How can I write a script which can fill in the SAP GUI form fields without manual typing?

I have read about SAP GUI scripting. Would this be useful?

Please tell me if there are other options for such scripting/coding ?

Also, what technology is the SAP GUI built on? COM? scripting?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

More info can be found at

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9d89c990-0201-0010-56b4-de10f26d...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0429be90-0201-0010-1e94-df379941...

Eddy

-

PS. Which type of SDN Ubergeek/BPX suit are <a href="/people/eddy.declercq/blog/2007/05/14/which-type-of-sdn-ubergeekbpx-suit-are-you">you</a>?

Deadline: June 15th

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eddy.

These links point to the SAP GUI scripting. Does this mean that SAP GUI is the best option to transfer to and from SAP GUI?

Would you know any other option I can use or tools?

Also, what is the technology on which SAP GUI 620 or 640 for windows written?

COM? Java? some scripting?

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's in any case a good option and personally don't know any other.

SAPgui is both available a Java client and proprietary code written.

Eddy

-

PS. Which type of SDN Ubergeek/BPX suit are <a href="/people/eddy.declercq/blog/2007/05/14/which-type-of-sdn-ubergeekbpx-suit-are-you">you</a>?

Deadline: June 15th

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

in SAP GUI for Windows the SAP GUI Scripting API is implemented as a COM interface. An updated version of the API documentation is available at ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sapgui/win/640/scripting/docs/

Best regards,

Christian