cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting CC field in Sender Mail Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am on SP16, and using Sender Mail Adapter.

I need to retrieve the CC field from the mail.

I have set the <i>Adapter-Specific Message Attributes</i>. ie.

Set <i>Adapter-Specific Message Attributes</i>, and <i>Variable Transport Binding</i> boxes are checked.

When I do this, the Communication Channel does not throw any error, but the message is not visible in SXMB_MONI.

How do I retrieve the CC field?

Regards,

Puloma.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mail header 'Cc' field: Technical Name - THeaderCC

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/6b/4493404f673028e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

ASMA through UDF

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70c89607-e4d9-2910-7280-f6746e96...

/people/william.li/blog/2006/04/18/dynamic-configuration-of-some-communication-channel-parameters-using-message-mapping

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem is that, as soon as I set the checkbox for Adapter Specific parameters, messages stop coming into SXMB_MONI.

So I can't proceed with accessing the parameters in MM.

Regards,

Puloma.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you select the ASMA in the sender Mail Adapter, does it imply that the Mail Adapter errors out in Comm Channel Monitoring? or is it just that there are no mails?

Also, when you select ASMA int he sender Mail Adapter also select Variable Transport Binding.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, selecting ASMA does not throw any errors, it's still green.

The mail adapter is also able to read mails, as it is indicated in the status in RWB (the <i>no. of mails read</i> count increases).

Regards,

Puloma.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Puloma,

Unlike File adapters where you can select the ASMA ( filename, directory etc ) , in a few adapters like SOAP and mail adapters you will not get a Selection Option where you can explicitly select the ASMA fields. These fields if sent by the Source will be available in the Dynamic Configuration of the SOAP Header.

After you select this, look into your messae MONI in the Dynamic Configuration under the SOAP header and check if this value is made available.

Also make sure that the Mail's have the CC field set with some value.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhavesh,

<i>After you select this, look into your messae MONI in the Dynamic Configuration under the SOAP header and check if this value is made available.</i>

The problem is that selecting the checkbox, stops flow of messages into MONI. So I can't check in the Dynamic Configuration.

<i>Also make sure that the Mail's have the CC field set with some value.</i>

Have already done this.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Puloma.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>The problem is that selecting the checkbox, stops flow of messages into MONI. So I can't check in the Dynamic Configuration.</i>

Can you elaborate on what this implies? Does the message error in XI in MONI? If no, what does stop the flow of messages mean.

This problem really sounds intesresting...but not one I would like to have as well

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I was unable to view the Message Monitoring in RWB yesterday. Now I checked under the Message Monitoring tab, and I see the following error:

SOAPFault received from Integration Server. ErrorCode/Category: XIProtocol/WRONG_VALUE; Params: SOAP:Envelope(1)SOAP:Header(1)sap:DynamicConfiguration(3)sap:Record(8), SHeaderX-MS-HAS-ATTACHystem/MailC8DD36D@MailServerNamewithDomain) ready., ST: ST_XMS_MSGHDR30_DYNAMIC; AdditionalText: An error occurred when deserializing in the simple transformation program ST_XMS_MSGHDR30_DYNAMIC; ApplicationFaultMessage: ; ErrorStack: XML tag SOAP:Envelope(1)SOAP:Header(1)sap:DynamicConfiguration(3)sap:Record(8) (or one of the attributes) has the incorrect value SHeaderX-MS-HAS-ATTACHystem/MailC8DD36D@MailServerNamewithDomain>) ready. An error occurred when deserializing in the simple transformation program ST_XMS_MSGHDR30_DYNAMIC Data loss occurred when converting SHeaderX-MS-HAS-ATTACHystem/MailC8DD36D@MailServerNamewithDomain) ready.

Does this give any hints?

Regards,

Puloma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following Note is to be applied to solve this problem:

Note 940462 - xi mail adapter sends message attributes that are too long

Apply patch upgrade, and set parameters in Advanced Tab.

Following note gives more info on ASMA:

Note 974481 - XI 3.0 Adapter Framework DynamicConfiguration Module

Regards,

Puloma.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Puloma,

Did you check the DynamicConfiguration Header in MONI?

Does it contain the CC field?

What is the technical name you are using to access the CC field in your mapping?

Regards

Bhavesh