cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Deployment Exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have downloaded Sneak Preview Full Java vestion from SDN and was able to install it sucessfully. I also installed Netweaver Developer Studio and trying to deploy a Web Dynpro application on to J2EE engine. I am getting the following error for a long time and could not deploy a single application so far.

Jun 4, 2007 10:15:05 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[001]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : zsys

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/MINISA1/LOCALS~1/Temp/temp57000TutWD_FlightBooking.ear

Deployment exception : Server zsys did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server zsys at port 50018: Connection timed out: connect

Inner exception was :

Server zsys did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server zsys at port 50018: Connection timed out: connect

I also tried to deploy ESS and MSS business packages using SDM. I am getting the same error like user credentials are invalid. I have done all the things like resetting the password for SDM. But it did not work either. I can not figure out what I am missing.

I have been trying hard to depoly an application on J2EE engine for a long time. Could anybody assist me in getting rid of the above error?

Your help will be deeply appreciated!!

Thanks!

minisap G.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Minisap,

Have you solve your problem?? If not see the SAP note 701654.

This is problem occurs for The administrator user's password .

Do the following Steps,

Use the Config Tool to change the entry in secure storage as follows:

1. Start the Config Tool.

(Execute <SAPj2eeEngine_install_dir> \configtool\configtool.bat.)

2. Select the secure store node.

The configuration for the secure storage in the file system appears.

3. Select the admin/password/<SID> entry.

4. Enter the administrator user's new password in the "Value" field and choose "Add".

5. Choose "File" --> "Apply" to save the data.

Note: Contrary to the message that appears, you do not need to restart the server or cluster for this change to take effect.

6. Finally restart SDM server.

Regards,

Mithu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithu,

I really appreciate your help and time. I followed the steps you mentioned.

fyi..

I did not change the admin password (admin). However, I added the "admin " password in Secure Store as mentioned. Still, I get the same error.

However, i was able to login to SDM Gui with the admin password. And I deployed the .war file through SDM GUI.

I even added the admin user in adminstrator group on Portal User groups.

It is still not possible for me to directly deploy from NWDS!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

minisap g.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

looks like either the port number is incorrect.

Check again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check your Message Server host <host name> and Message Server port <Port number> whether you had given correct entries or not

Regards

Chandran

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have given the following details in J2EE engine preferences in NWDS.

in NWDS, window>preferences>J2EE Engine>connect to a remote host>

message server host: <ipaddress>

message server port: <3601>

I maintained the <ipaddress> <hostname> details of the remote server in

windows>system32>drivers>etc>hosts;

Still it is not possible to deploy the applications from NWDS.

I am getting the error like this again.

Jun 17, 2007 4:29:20 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[001]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : zsys

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/minisapg/LOCALS1/Temp/temp14843QuizApp.ear

Deployment exception : Server zsys did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server zsys at port 50018: Connection timed out: connect

Inner exception was :

Server zsys did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server zsys at port 50018: Connection timed out: connect

Please help me.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

1.- Check there is no active session in SDM

2.- An user called "admin" is created in your server in the Administrator Group

3.- Check if your SDM pwd is ok (in some instalations SDM pwd is not the default(sdm) and you have to restore it (follow this thread for do it ( )

Hope it helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even I have tried to deploy one of my project in a server for which I have removed the entry from my host file and I am also getting almost same type of error. So accroding to me please make an entry of your server details in your host file and try to redeploy and It will resolve your problem.

Thanks and Regards

Avijit Dhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avijit,

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your help.

I have maintaining the following server details in the hosts file.

IP Address zsys. (<ipaddress> <hostname>)

Still I am getting the same error.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure that there is an entry in your host file for the particular server in which you are trying to deploy your applicfation. May be it is not necessary in some case but sometimes it helps a lot. You can find your host file in a path like "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc"

Thanks and Regards

Avijit Dhar

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Minisap,

First build the project and before deploying make sure your server is running.Check the status of J2EE engine.Restart your J2EE engine.

Regards,

Mithu