cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hide or delete Service Desk user statuses

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

I want to hide or delete user statuses in the Service Desk. When I try to delete them I get a warning that the status is used in a business transaction and that the business transaction control will also be deleted.

Anyone know how to correctly perform this task?

regards,

Jason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Yes you can delete the status but remember if you have used the same somewhere then the status will come as blank.

It is better to change in the beginning when you have not given the concerned status to the respective business transaction.Also when you create a new status you have to create it's control also.

You can modify or delete the status from spro.

If you any help further let me know.

Please reward points if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

To hide the user status in the status profile user status give the lowest and highest status no to status no that is higher than the last status no. of your transaction.

Revert for any Clarification,

Thnaks and Regards,

Avinash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi Jason,

>

> To hide the user status in the status profile user

> status give the lowest and highest status no to

> status no that is higher than the last status no. of

> your transaction.

>

> Revert for any Clarification,

> Thnaks and Regards,

> Avinash.

hi Avinash,

This just grays the value out, it doesn't hide it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi Jason,

>

> Yes you can delete the status but remember if you

> have used the same somewhere then the status will

> come as blank.

>

> It is better to change in the beginning when you have

> not given the concerned status to the respective

> business transaction.Also when you create a new

> status you have to create it's control also.

>

> You can modify or delete the status from spro.

>

> If you any help further let me know.

Hi Prakhar,

I agree it's better to change it in the beginning, but the process changed after I had started testing.

I could use that further help you offered. I've gone to "Change Status Profile for User Status" in the IMG (transaction CRMB02) to delete the values but it won't let me. I just get the "warning" it detailed in the first post.

thanks,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

could you please advise how it is possible to change all 'In Process' statuses to 'Confirmed' value (not manually)? What objects should we use for it?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Yuliya Krasnova on Feb 20, 2008 4:30 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

fix worked in sandbox but not in dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone think of a reason that deleting the short text for the statuses in one system would make the statuses disappear from the dropdown, but in the another system it would just make the entries appear as a blank status (meaning I can select it, but it has no value)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

The value in the short text field is what is getting displayed for you as an option in the drop down. Once you are deleting the short text field's contents, that means there is a blank string existing there against those status fields. That is the reason in the second system you are able to see some blank status, but you are able to select it.

May be you can check whether you have completed deleted the content of the short text field, or whether there is a single blank space left over there which might be the reason for the display of the blank status fields available for selection.

Dont forget to reward points for useful answers.

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alagammai,

I already checked to make sure I didn't have any spaces. There weren't any. I'm still not sure why it works in one system but not in the other.

The fix for the original question was to open up the status details, delete the value in the table of the details screen, then go back and delete the status.

Sometimes these type of things aren't explained in the IMG documentation, which makes you have to try various things. Oh well.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI,

I just deleted the value in the field "short text" and the user status no longer shows up in the drop down.

regrads,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

In which transaction do you want to hide this User Status? Is it from the output of crm_dno_monitor transaction?

best regds,

alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CRMD_ORDER