cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format in Standard Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a MS .doc file with lots of formatting - bullets, bold, center, different fonts, etc. I want to bring in the file intact into Standard Text without disturbing the format. I also don't want to retype the whole doc with all the formatting, etc.

Eventually I have to create a window in Smartform to import this file/std text to display as Page 2 of a Smartform.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mallari,

I don't think it is possible as there are lot many things in WORD which are not recognized by SAP.

But you can check SAP and MS Office integration. If it can help you.

http://www.sap.com/usa/solutions/duet/index.epx

Regards,

Atish

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everybody for responding. I might just create the whole text.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is an option of upl;oading texts in the transaction So10.

Try if you can convert your word document into ITF or RTF document and upload the same to the standard text via SO10 transaction.

Later you can include the standard text in the smartform

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is impossible to get same functionality to load standard text from file.

but there is possibility that copy the ur text and paste in standard text and create style at SE72 Transaction to make formatting option as per ur word file..other than this there i no tool in SAP

Thanks

Seshu

former_member186741
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it might be a bit fiddly but you can create the complete file as a bitmap...usually this is done for company logos and other small images but the same technique could be used for any file type. Basically you need to save your file as a bit map and then upload it via se71 as a standard text. This can be reached from SE71 via environment-> standard text.... or the stand alone transaction SO10.

Then your sapscript can 'include' the text....eg

/: INCLUDE zyour_text_name OBJECT TEXT ID ST LANGUAGE E