cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trasnport from Dev to QA ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

we have seperate slds for DEV, QA and PROD.

I have created a group dev and all business systems are under this group. Do i need to create the BS in QA seperately ? where i need to create the targets ?

I read the web blogs about the transporting XI objects and software logistics but i am still looking at a brief explanation which tells me where i need to create targets and How to do the mapping between BS of DEV and QA.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>I have created a group dev and all business systems are under this group. Do i need to create the BS in QA seperately ? YES, If not available.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

for QA,create a BS in the QA box,now goto BS in the Dev box and it has a tab called "transport" i guess,over there give the target BS name as the name of the BS u created in QA,and then do the same thing for prd. and after that move ur objects

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i> have created a group dev and all business systems are under this group. Do i need to create the BS in QA seperately ? where i need to create the targets ?</i>

>>Yes, you need to create the Business Systems in QA separately and group this under QA Business System Group. After Busienss Systems transported, you need to map DEV group business systems with QA group business systems.

BTW, Transport Targets you need to define in QA box for DEV systems.

Steps will be :

Create a Transport Group forDEV: in QA

Transport all the objects

Create a Transport Group for QA in QA. Then create all the Business Systems for QA.

Map the DEV group Business systems and QA business systems

Regards,

Moorthy