cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all:

In CCM 2.0, there is an 'Image' characteristic (more specifically /CCM/PICTURE#/CCM/URL) which renders the image directly for the end user. Because it is of type 'URL', either an internally-hosted image URL can be used or even an external one (for example, where the image is hosted on a supplier's server).

Does anyone know if SRM-MDM can also render images from an external URL? Or do the images HAVE to reside in the Image Repository in SRM-MDM?

Cheers,

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Foh et al.:

I'm fiddled around a bit, but can't seem to get it working. I'm pretty new at this, so I'm sure I'm missing something critical.

Perhaps we could take it from the top...you mentioned that I should add a JPG entry into the MIME Type table (this is done in the MDM Console, correct?). What 'Type' (4th Field from top in Field Detail) should be selected? Do any of the other Fields matter here?

Are there any changes to the Hyperlinks qualified table, or Hyperlink Types table? Just curious.

I'll hold off on my other questions for now.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

You do not need to change anything in the MDM Console to enable this. All tables / fields are already there (if you used the delivered SRM-MDM repository)

Via the Data Manager

- add JPG to MIME Types table

- you should see 2 entries in Hyperlink Types table (link and rendered)\

- add the 2 types of hyperlink types to the Hyperlink table

- in the Catalog Items table, you can then add hyperlink records for catalogue items

Try this.

Cheers,

Foh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Foh:

It worked! Thanks! Full points for sure...

BTW, how the heck did you know this stuff? I noticed that the 'Link' and 'Rendered' entries weren't drop-downs, and the online help isn't sufficient; how does one figure this stuff out?

Many thanks again my friend.

Cheers,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Great stuff.

Figured it out after few cups of coffee and a bit of luck!

Cheers,

Foh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Yes, SRM-MDM can also render images from internal / external URLs. You can have it either way: stored in repository, or elsewhere (e.g. web server).

Also, you can have more than 1 pic per item.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Foh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Foh:

Just knowing that it's possible is helpful to me, thanks!

I'm pretty inexperienced with SRM-MDM. Could you elaborate on how one would go about doing this? If I were to open up a record in Data Manager, and go to the 'Record Detail' tab, and go to the Image field/area, what would I do next? Or would you accomplish this some place else?

Cheers,

Jeff

P.S. Just so I'm clear, are you saying that the external URL image will be rendered automatically for the user (like in CCM 2.0), as opposed to simply providing the user a URL to the supplier's website?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

The image url can be stored / interpreted in 2 options for SRM-MDM 1.0 : as a hyperlink (like a webpage link) or rendered (like in CCM or images in webpages).

You need to declare your MIME Type (like you specify in CCM) in the MIME Types lookup table (e.g. JPG).

Then you can go into the Record Detail tab and click on the 'hyperlink' field/area. You can then select to create a hyperlink of type Link or Rendered. The rest is quite self-explanatory.

Of course, once you have done all that, remember to enable the field Hyperlink through your UI.

Something to try out! Happy shopping!

Cheers,

Foh

<i>please reward points if the above is helpful</i>