cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iChart Image PenColors Not Working

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on a generic iChart that is based off a user manager report engine. There are more details to it but I want my stacked bar chart to generate its Pen Colors based on the managementdynamically based on what it was assigned. The following abbreviate URL (I have removed some querystring parameters to keep it short) is the source of the image.

Lighthammer/ChartServlet?Content-Type=image/gif&PenColor.1=#0000B2&PenColor.2=#00B200&PenColor.3=#FFFF00&PenColor.4=#B20000

The issue is the PenColor parameters. The colors aren't displayed even though I specified the colors in order of "Blue, Green, Yellow, Red". The only pen color overriden from the display template is the first one --- and that isnt even right, it comes out as Black.

Any thoughts?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you change your URL to be something like this:

...&p1=0000B2&p2=00B200...

Then in your applet params do this:

<param name="PenColor.1" value="#{p1}">
<param name="PenColor.2" value="#{p2}">

I know you are using the ChartServlet, but...

Also, I've found that certain web-safe or named colors work. For instance "red", "yellow", etc.

So you could possibly do:

...&PenColor.1=red&PenColor.2=yellow...

Former Member
0 Kudos

That worked, I dropped in the color name itself and that was interpreted with no problem

Awesome

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, Brian and Ryan, if you encode the hash mark (#) it will work properly with hex RGB color codes. You need to encode the hash mark using the % notation (in this case, %23), as in:

PenColor.1=%2300AAFF

- Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have another question in addition to this.... within a stacked bar chart, is it possible to tell the chart to display the bars from tallest to shortest?

I know I can do it in the query but I thought I would check if Vis. Svcs had some hidden power that I'm not seeing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, you'll have to have the data sorted in the query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, one more question.... when using ChartServlet-- I am using the querystring parameters &UserName=****&&Password=***** --- even though it is a valid user (and I even tried an Admin user) it doesnt display the chart.

Any thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of UserName and Password, try IllumLoginName and IllumLoginPassword and you should be good.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah I had that in my querystring at first but it didnt work -- so I went to the FrontPage add on to see what params are available for an iChart image through ChartServlet and thats how I got to UserName and Password. But neither worked (Illumlogin or the later).

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just as an FYI - "UserName" and "Password" are actually deprecated template properties from an older version of the software.

Regards,

Jeremy Good

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think it will like the hashes in the URL. I'm not sure you need them either as part of the PenColor property.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let URL Encode it and see what happens....I just took what the FrontPage Add In generated and ran with that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doesnt work -- I forgot that # doesnt encode.....