cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBF and SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am reading through this <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/58/39df3a6610696ae10000000a11402f/frameset.htm">CBF</a> and as per the steps,

"8. You release the demand plan from Demand Planning to PP/DS."

You release demand directly to PPDS and not to SNP.

Why don't we send this to SNP? Any particular reason?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is effectively the same thing from a technical point of view as they both reside in order-based livecache. The transaction should actually say from time-series to order-based livecache.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply. I understand SNP and PPDS do almost the same thing. But SNP does cross plant more aggregated planning and PPDS does more detailed and single plant planning.

In my question, what I am intending to ask is that I have a demand plan that's generated from DP and why don't we need to use SNP and do the cross plant planning and just jump directly into the PPDS.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think this does not specifically mean "not SNP and only PPDS"

Maybe the Wording could be SNP-PPDS and not PPDS alone

All that happens on release is the PDS exploding the demand and getting the dependent demand.

You can after this run either the SNP or PPDS or both in order to determine the source and plan the sourcing/. production

Am not sure there is any restriction on running SNP on the CBF components. They are created like regular products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Are you saying that I can still release to SNP? I am not sure if that could be done....Still searching for reasons...

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Ian said... you just release to order series live cache. It is used by both PPDS or SNP depending on what functionality you use

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

If I may dare posting my thoughts on this issue - it may be because SNP does not have characteristics based planning. SNP is bucket oriented where the total net demand of a bucket (smallest being a day) is met by a single order.

Now in the same day you can have net demand of x quantity for same product code but 5 characteristic values (which effectively means 5 different items). But SNP will plan for x quantity only and not consider the 5 different items.

PPDS is more detailed planning (down to second level and with characteristic values) and hence the total x quantity will effectively create 5 receipt elements totalling x quantity of the product with 5 characteristic values.

Disclaimer: This is theory and not from a practical hands-on experience.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

I think that's the best answer even I could guess. I am closing the thread. Thanks for the reply.

Answers (0)