cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup/Restore, reinstal OS and DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm planning to migrate my NW2004 system to a new machine and I want to know how to backup my system and restore it in the new machine.

My environment is (and will be): windows xp sp2, oracle 10.2. May be in the new machine I adopt windows 2003 server.

I'm new to basis issues and I don't know how to proced. Tips about the tools and procedures will be very appreciated.

Tks,

Paulo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt, thanks for the tip, now I know the way to do my job.

I've tried to do a system copy (homogeneous) but sapinst hang in “running R3szchk ...”.

At this moment oracle uses a lot of cpu but it appers that nothing is happening.

Any tip?

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Take a look at Note 936441 regarding R3szchk and Oracle statistics. It may help here...

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen, thanks for the link, it was usefull, but as I told, I'm new to this subject.

Could you kindly explain the procedure to do a full backup and the process to restore all the system in a new machine? I'm confused about the strategy to do this in safe.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Also see the System Copy Guides at http://service.sap.com/instguidesnw70 -> Installation -> Installation - SAP NetWeaver Systems.

This is a well known and documented procedure. Using the System Copy Guides is considered the supported and safest approach by SAP.

Best Regards,

Matt