Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Links in VC

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible for us to define links in VC which will point to other iViews within the same role?

Thanks

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Create any UI element Say "Plain Text",

Now Open the Properties for that UI.

Go to action -->systemaction -->select hyperlink from the dropdown.

(apply to -->self)

hyperlink address---->Specify the Link as shown above.

Hope it works

Thanx

pankaj

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj

Ah...thanks. let me try that and get back to you.

Thanks

Manoj

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj

THanks a lot for that. I did what you said and it worked!! But it opens in a new window. How can I get this link to navigate in teh same window without opening it in a new window?

thanks

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj ,

There are work around but again if you doing something like this then will recomend to go for Webdynpro .In vc you can place an HTML view and then pass that value to the HTML view try this , hope it works .

Thanx

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj ,

There are work around but again if you doing something like this then will recomend to go for Webdynpro .In vc you can place an HTML view and then pass that value to the HTML view try this , hope it works .

Thanx

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj ,

Thanx

Pankaj

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj

Thank you. I think I'll be ok with a new window for now.

Thanks

Manoj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj ,

Its is pretty simple ,

For example, the following URL

http://myServer:50000/irj/portal?

NavigationTarget=ROLES://portal_content/myFolder/myRole

navigates to the navigation node represented by the navigation target ROLES://portal_content/myFolder/myRole.

The navigation target is made up of the following parts:

1. Prefix: A string that represents the navigation connector that defines the requested navigation node.

For the roles connector, the prefix is ROLES.

2. Separator: The character string ://

3. Internal URL or Path: A string that can be interpreted by the specified navigation connector.

In the example, the path is portal_content/myFolder/myRole.

For more details refer to

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/014421d21d6fade10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/b3/7b8163404448e7aad7899c0b30313e/frameset.htm

Thanx

Pankaj

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj

Thanks for your reply. Let me explain what my requirement is:

I need to have an iView (created in VC) with a link. Clicking on this link will navigate to a different iView that exists in a different model.

How can I achieve this?

THanks

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manoi,

this is possible. You need the URL of the iView or you can link relative via PCD.

Best Regards,

Marcel

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel

Thanks. I have the PCD link, but where and how do I use it in visual composer? Could you please explain it in more detail?

Thanks

Manoj