cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax in material master sales org view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I need information why we use tax field in material master sales org 1 view.

and customer master also.

Give me detail plz

Waiting for reply,

kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

just to add, apart from having these fields for full tax or tax exempt, we can have say for eg, customer tax classification as 0,1,2,3 and for each combination this along with material master we can have it as

TAX Cust.Tax.Class Mat. Tax Class

0 % tax when 0 1

10 % tax when 1 1

7 % tax when 2 1

5 % tax when 0 1

and so on. for this anyway we have to maintain the condition records for the tax condition.

hope it helps.

Thanks

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tax is determined based on tax classification from cmr and mmr and departure country(plant) and destination country.for that we have to maintain tax in mmr and cmr

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai

tax under customer master,

to know whether the customer is tax payable r not which helps in report generation later which inturn helps for the tax filining

material master

sometimes some materials produced were given subsidy kind of a thing so inorder to know the tax statistics we maintain the tax records for the customer as well as the material

one morething is we can do lot of customization to have various options instead of no tax, full half

hope i cud make some sense in answering ur question

regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

The tax in customer master denotes whether a customer is liable for tax or not. Eg) Customers located in SEZ's or government organizations might get tax exemption. In such case for that particular customer number you would mark them as tax exempted.

The tax in material master denotes whether tax has to be applied against a particular material.Eg) Medical products might have tax exemption.

Hope I helped you with it.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we use <b>TAXINJ</b> Procedure, the Taxcodes (<i><u>Excise,Ecess, SECess, CST/VAT</u></i>) are determined based in the Tax classification in Material and customer master in <b>UTXJ</b> Condition Type, which is maintained in T.Code: <b>VK11</b>

This is mainly supported for CIN Configuration which helps in Excise and Taxes statuatory requirements in India.

reward points if useful.

Regards,

Anbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kishore kumar

we use tax field in customer master record because tax is applicable for ship to party and based on material tax levies, that is the reason we are maintaing tax fields in customer master data and material amster data

hope u r clear now,

Thanks&Regards

Vnekat.Dhanemkula