cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Product Categories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SRM 5.0, we initially replicated about 400 Product categories, now due to business requirements, we have consolidated them to 200 in ECC. Now How do I pull the changes in to SRM to inactivate/delete the unused product categories. I could not find any delta job for this.

Is there a report or a t-code I can use to fix this? please reply and BTW, we are not using MMID's.

Thanks,

Sreedhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Please go through these pointers -></b>

/people/marcin.gajewski/blog/2007/02/05/how-to-replicate-material-master-from-r3-to-srm

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreedhar,

Use this program to delete the product categories COM_HIERARCHY_DELETE_ALL.

After executing this program execute the transaction COMM_PROD_RECATEG to re categorize your products which were created by the deleted product catehory.

After deleting the product category run this transaction `comm_del_prwb_user; to reset the user attributes.

Please award points if this helps.

Regards

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

I tried using that report but looks like it will delete the hierarchy completely, is it OK to do that, I thought there would be some program which would just delete the Product Categories only (one or many).

Can you please explain me what I need to do to delete a few product categories in SRM.

Thanks,

Sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no std program available to delete the product categories.Suggest you to delete the Products first using the report COM_PRODUCT_DELETE_ALL. and the the report "COM_HIERARCHY_DELETE_ALL" after which there will be no inconcistency in the product master and start the initial load again.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.