cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Related integration Server in SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I understand that ‘Related integration Server’ from SLD is used when we have proxies. Is there any other use for it?

cheers

danus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Related Integration Server is used to assign your Business System to a Transport Group.

When you create a Transport Group in the SLD you assign the corrsponding Integartion server to this transport Group.

Now, when your create a Business System and assign the Related Integration server , this assigns the Business System to the correspinding Transport Group.

The best use case is when you have a single SLD being shared between Dev , QA and Prod.

The Related Integartion Server has nothing to do with proxuies.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh, forgot that one. Yes, yes, I remember setting up the transport track. I could choose my destination business system(s) [helps to change the business system name in configuration objects automatically when they are transported].

Ragarding the proxy, please check out

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/3e/e3fb40f17af66fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chidambaram,

As far as I know the related integration server hold no significance apart from the transport targets!

Even in the link pointed by you , it just asks you to list down the Related Integartion Server , just as you do for any other Buss System. This has no effect on the runtime.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (0)