cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence on Oracle Database column

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my scenario I have to insert data/records into a Oracle Database.The Database table has primary key with Sequence(sequence will generate next unique value for the new record to be inserted). So how can I insert the records into that table. I have created JDBC receiver message type for that particular table.

Please let me know the possible ways.

Thanks

Praveen Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using Stored Proecdure is one option.Write a stored procedure that takes the rest of the column values as inputs and then uses the sequencne plus these values to insert data into the datbase.

Can you provide an example of how the insert query with the Call to the Sequence looks so that a standard insert option can also be looked into?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually my problem is how can I use the sequence and where can I add the sequence name in the JDBC receiver Message Type,so that I can insert the data into the table?

Thanks

Praveen Kumar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly why I want you give an example of an Insert query with the sequence . If you can do that , I can give you the format of the datatype to be used.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Please provide me the DT for the JDBC Receiver which will insert the records into table which has a sequence on one column (its primary key).

Thanks

Praveen Kumar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read my reply.

Provide me with a sample insert query to using the Sequnce and I can help you.

Regards

Bhavesh