cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

storage location in delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I need help on following issue: I have material stored in more than one stock e.g. A and B. And If I create delivery from sales order default storage location of this material is stock A. I would like to set up that default storage location of the material is stock B.

Can you tell me where I could find this settings?

Thanks for your help, will be awarded.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malach,

There is something called as Storage location Determination i.e MALA, RETA and MARE. In most of the implementation i have seen using MALA as the storage determination rule. Each rule says as below

MALA --> For a combination of Storage condition/Shipping Point/Plant you can define a storage location. Menu Path is as follows

SPRO>Logistics Execution>Shipping>Picking>Determine Picking Location.

RETA--> For a combination of Plant/Situation/Storage Condition

MARE--> This rule acts like a backup procedure first it will execute the rule MALA and then RETA.

You can assign this rules for a delivery type Path SPRO>Logistics Execution>Shipping>Deliveries>Define Delivery Type.

So if you have to change the storage determination rule for any material use any of the above rule which suits yours business process.

Reward points if it is helpful.

Regards,

Sreekanth

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zbynek,

As you must be aware that Storage location in delivery is picked up or determined using the combination of Shipping Point + Plant +Storage Condition (maintained in material master Plant data/ Stor.1) . To map your requirement of If you want to have Storage loc B as default do the following:

Create a separate Storage cond and attach the same to material master. Then assign the same in SPRO> Logist Execution>Shipping>Picking>Determ Picking location-->Assign picking location (Here enter the shipping point + Plant + the newly created Stor con entered in material master).

You can define your own Storage cond using the following menu path>SPRO> Logist Execution>Shipping>Picking>Determ Picking location>Define Storage cond.

Hope it works for you.

REWARD if it helps you!!

Regards,

Ajinkya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Maintain a unique combination in OVL3 T-code for Shipping Point + Plant + Storage Location

This would solve your problem;

Regards,

Syed Nasir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zbynek Malach,

for this requirement forst do the storage location determination

use t.code: OVL3

storage location is the combination of SHIPPING POINT+ DELIVERY PLANT+ STORAGE CONDITION.

Hope it helps,

Thanks&Regards

Venkat.Dhanemkula