Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with posting period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I am trying to post goods issue

for material 1 I get the following error log

Posting only possible in periods 2002/11 and 2002/10 in company code .

Then,I tried to update posting period using transaction code MMPV BUT INVAIN.

Please help.

Regards,

0 Kudos

HI I .got the same error plz guide. not able top solve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks, my problem is solved.

Regards,

Neelam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai this is vijay

for this make sure u go to MB1C and while posting the material make sure u use the posting period dates like 10.11.2002 to 10.11.2002 u shud be able to resolve it

i will give the reason why after u do that

regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neelam,

1. Go to t.code OB52 there u change the period for your Code for XXXX

2.Then go to OX18- remove the Plant and Cocd assisngment(remove all the plants and pls make a note of those plant code later u may need it and save it.

3.Go to OMSY,here u give the period from and to(whichever period u want to post n to)

4.Now again go to OX18 (Plant and Cocd assisngment) here u assign the plant to cocd (all the plant which u have removed/disassigned in the step 2. then save it and come back.

5.Now go to VL02N for Picking and PGI here u can be able to the same.

Please check and revert back.. if it works

Reason for doing above mentioned steps :

As we can't initialize the company code in this case due to the existance of material valuation records, we are required to do this. This should be taken as work around solution for problem posted in this thread. Normally we come across these kind of problems in sand box or testing server environment.

Once the system is in productive operation, we normally run the period

closing program once a month at the beginning of a new period. This

program sets the new period, making it possible to perform goods

movements with reference to the new period.

In real time this will be handled by MM consultants as they own this area

Thanks and Regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I did upto step no.4 ,but when I was trying for step no. 5 ,I got an error log stating "Account determination for entry INT GBB___VAY not pssible".

Please help.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

then go to tr code omwd and assign the valuatuion grouping code to the chart of accounts i f ur practicing in ides assign 0001 to u r company codwe and chart of acounts

cheers

kran

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto omwd there give your valution area as 1000/0001 and save.. then try it will get...

reward if it hepls

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did as per your suggestion but now I am getting the error as"period 006/2007 is not opened for account type S and G/L894025".

Please help.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to ob52

and infront of variant(company code) and account "s" u change the periods like 2001/12,2007/13.2001/16,2007

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did the suggested step now I get the error log as"Posting period 006/2007 is not open".

Suggest something.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

then go mmpv and open the period 06./2007.try to get back alittle faster

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I did that too but it is not working out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

have u done correctly in trt code ob52 .just check once

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neelam Pandey,

for this problem u have to use the t .code MMPV and close the periods till june 2007

cloe the period from dec 2002 to june 2007

then your problem get solved,

Thanks&Regards

Venkat.Dhanemkula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pls try following , it may help u out

IMG > Financial Accounting > Financial Accounting Global Settings > Document > Posting Periods > Open and Close Posting Periods

If that doesn't work, try as below

IMG > Logistics - General > Material Master > Basic Settings > Maintain Company for Materials Management

Try with

In the OMSY I noticed 2007/3 and 2007/4, when I tried to change 007/3 to 2007/4 it says the "Company Code no longer can be initialized as MM records are created".

Check in OB52, OBCY again after these corrections if the FI period is open for the material account type for your valuation area. Check in OMWD, OMWB if the valuation area is assigned properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neelam,

Have you checked the current period in the System using the same Transaction, which you have mentioned?

You need to close the period and bring it to current period.

Moreover, check which Company code you are using when you are doing transaction and which company code you are closing?

This issue will be resolved with this.

Reward if useful.