cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

warning messages for global definitions

Former Member
0 Kudos

i declared some variables in global definitions of smartforms,for ex:tariff type i.

i declared same variable in my driver program &retrieved data into it .but when i do syntax check in smart form,it's giving warning message 'field tariff has no defined value'.please clarify why it's displaying such message.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srinivas,

if u want maintain relation between driver program and smartforms then u should define those <b><itab's or fields></b> in <b>from interface</b>, or if u want maintain in smartfroms alone then u can define in <b>Global definations</b>.

regards,

seshu.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Define the variable (say lv_user_name) in "Form Interface - Import" parameters of the smartform.

In print program while calling FM generated by smartform, under export paramaters, assign the variable from print program(say gv_user_name) to variable in script(say lv_user_name).

• Fetching the name of FM generated for the smartform

CALL FUNCTION 'SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME'

EXPORTING

formname = 'ZINDRA_FORM_AIRLINES'

IMPORTING

fm_name = gv_fm_name

EXCEPTIONS

no_form = 1

no_function_module = 2

OTHERS = 3.

• Calling the FM generated for the smartform

CALL FUNCTION gv_fm_name

EXPORTING

• OUTPUT_OPTIONS =

• USER_SETTINGS = 'X'

lv_user_name = gv_user_name

TABLES

lt_flight = gt_flight

EXCEPTIONS

formatting_error = 1

internal_error = 2

send_error = 3

user_canceled = 4

OTHERS = 5.

ENDFORM. " print

Whatever you define in global definitions of smartform are for smartform only. It cant get value from print program be default.

Award points if found useful.

Regards

Indrajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

jst give the field name in global defination>initialization>input parameter tab

The reason for this is.. in smartforms.. system will check weather you are passing the value o declered varialble.. it will identify only the fields enterd in Input and out put parameters of the initialization tab of the global declarations..

Note:.. when you are assigning the value to the variable in the initialization the don't forget to enter the field name in the input, output parameters of the Initialization or in Program lines(if u r changing the value in program lines)...

otherwise the value will not be printed off.

Reward if it is helpful.

Regards,

Omkar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanku,i will try based on ur information.